The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Quest ion regards rope magic book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JeffHall
View Profile
Regular user
Davis, California
161 Posts

Profile of JeffHall
I have a question, the book: Stewart James' Encyclopedia of Rope Tricks (Book) - The ESSENTIAL volume in rope magic which..which sells for around $50.00 or less. There is another Encyclopedia of Rope Tricks that sells for $10.00 or less and I have that one. My question is: Is it worth it for me to move up to the $50.00 book, does it have that much more? I also have Daryl's 3 rope dvds and maybe this is all I need.
thanks, Jeff
murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
256 Posts

Profile of murf
You're sure to get all kinds of advice on this one! I have both, plus Volume Three of the original set. I don't think you'll find that more material in the new, all in one, book, but you've probably noticed that a lot of people refer to effects by their page number in the new book, so it may be worth it to you to have it as a reference.

Murf
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2679 Posts

Profile of John Long
Jeff:

I assume that you have what originally was volume 1 of a 3 volume set that has been combined into a single book. By glancing at the table of contents, I would say that the newer version has about double the number of effects than the volume 1 alone has. I have compiled a list of the effects and which volume that they origianlly came from (has all of the new version, essentially all of V1, but just portions of V2 & V3), which I can provide, but it just gives the names of the effects, which generally aren't all that descriptive.

As far as price goes, Vol 1 is almost a give-away, the other two volumes have been out of print, and have sold for over $100 apiece on eBay. If you really like rope magic, go for it. If you just want some more interesting material, get Fulve's Self Working Rope. If you want a nice routine, consider Haydn's Mongolian Pop Knot, Sander's Fiber Optics, or some of the stuff by Magic Ian.

Other good sources of rope magic are Tarbell, and Wilson's Complete Course.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Quest ion regards rope magic book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL