The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Christmas Gift (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
To me that is...

Some time ago I was vacuuming and nearly sucked up the flipper part of a flipper gaff. I searched the entire house for the shell part. Never found it.

Time passed. Each time I rooted through my coins I found this lonely piece and then searched the house anew.

Today, while moving a sofa out to the street for removal and to put the Christmas tree in its place I heard a clatter. It was not on the roof, the prancing of hoofs. It was a giant penny and the long lost flipper shell.

The dump almost claimed it. I'm glad we turned the sofa over to go through the door!

John
The real magic is family!
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On 2009-12-07 20:40, hypnodream wrote:
...Time passed. Each time I rooted through my coins I found this lonely piece and then searched the house anew.

Today, while moving a sofa out to the street for removal and to put the Christmas tree in its place I heard a clatter. It was not on the roof, the prancing of hoofs. It was a giant penny and the long lost flipper shell.

The dump almost claimed it. I'm glad we turned the sofa over to go through the door!

yay! I bet there's a lot of good stuff at the dump. I've been dropping coins (while doing some intensive coin roll practicing Smile) in an old chair I'd like to pitch lately. But I always jump up in frustration and search the thing top to bottom immediately. Glad you found it- great story, John. Smile

Laurie
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
499 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
It's like a Murphy's law. You never find what you are looking for until you are trying to find something else. Lose something and look for it forever and give up. A year goes by and you are frantically looking for something else and find what you were looking for a year ago.

Glad you found it.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Good on you John!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
othelo68
View Profile
Regular user
North dakota
174 Posts

Profile of othelo68
It was in the last place you looked! at least I hoped that was the last place, it would be pretty silly if you kept looking for it after you found it. I rently lost and english penny while on a walk and took the very same route the next day and found an english penny and didn't even realize it was the one I had lost until a mile later. (the cold can have adverse effects on you brain)
merry christmas all
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1354 Posts

Profile of lynnef
There are a number of coins I wish Santa could find for me, as well as my Ted Lesley mind reading deck. I've turned our sofa inside out many times in the past!
merry xmas all
harvini2
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of harvini2
I always seem to find things under the car seat,that must get misplaced while practicing
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17080 Posts

Profile of joseph
Dump & metal detector = $$$ .. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
The funny thing was that I had looked in that very sofa several times knowing that they are hungry for my expensive and precious coins.

So I did not even look. I just came into the house and the coins had mysteriously appeared on the floor of the hallway where my wife and I had turned the couch sideways to get out the front door.

Merry Christmas all!

John
The real magic is family!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Christmas Gift (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL