The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » Are you going to watch the magic special on the CBC - 12/09/09? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lee Asher
View Profile
V.I.P.
496 Posts

Profile of Lee Asher
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to remind you that Greg Frewin's first major one-hour television special will be on tomorrow evening. Please pass this to anyone you know who's interested in watching magic (laymen and magician alike).

His holiday special titled 'Greg Frewin: Magic Man - Home for the Holidays' airs Wednesday at 9pm (EST) on the CBC. Please check your local listings for a more accurate time schedule.

After screening the final cut, I can assure you that it's overflowing with magic, drama, passion, excitement, lots of high energy and fun. It's a real nice departure from the in-your-face street style magic shows dominating the airwaves today. Greg is a real star!

If any comparisons had to be made, it would be the modern-day version of The Magical Land of Alakazam mixed with the reality show, American Choppers. Tune in to find out for yourself.

Also check out Greg Frewin's Twelve days of Christmas videos on CBC's official website. You may find the clips here at http://www.cbc.ca/holiday

Make time tomorrow evening to spend an hour with one of Canada's greatest illusionists. Bring your whole family along because everyone's going to love it!

Enjoy Greg Frewin's Magic Man: Home for the Holidays.

Speak with you soon.

Cheers,
Lee Asher
LEARN ONE CARD ROUTINE EVERY MAGICIAN MUST KNOW
Click Here To Get Started Right Away
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
It was a good special, I was sad he only did a modified and very short part of his dove act, but it was well produced and the cat interactions gave him a very human and likeable side(which it sounds like he has, so there was no illusion there). I didn't care for the music, it all seemed to sound the same and didn't set any different moods for the tricks. the final illusion was nice, caught me off guard on a couple things, I like that.
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
ryanalewis
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of ryanalewis
It was quite good in that it gave a home perspective, close-up/street performances, and stage. The final act was pretty good all in all, but the whole setting with Niagra didn't end up being as important as I thought.

Two tricks he did in close-up were great. He's follow-up to flow, the water to ice was nice; and the three hearts from the wire in the hot-chocolate.

Anyone know what the name of those two tricks are; or are they original?
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
I recorded it to PVR and then fast-forwarded right through it. I thought it was sub-par. But him, as a magician, doing doves, is quite good.
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
We have a close-up magic show here in Quebec that have a similar problem. The post-production is bland and there is no atmosphere to the whole show. I guess it's simply because the director and producer are laymen and don't know how to add some flair to a magic special.

But I enjoyed it. He's not my type of magician, but it shows that he has the passion for what he does.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I got to watch it and found some parts of the show to be very entertaining as he is a very skilled performer. I remember seeing him about two years ago in the falls. I loved the part where he went to the class room and performed for the kids but I was very disappointed in the ACAAN effect he did with the mayor. It could have been way more impressive but to be blunt, his presentation of it was awful.

Daren
Twitter @darjames
ryanalewis
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of ryanalewis
Quote:
the three hearts from the wire in the hot-chocolate.

To answer my own question, its Wiregrams.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » Are you going to watch the magic special on the CBC - 12/09/09? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL