The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PENomenon Writer (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
Thanks Nikola Smile
JJS
amedica
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amedica
Nikola: how is this different from the Super Sharpie? Is the end of the marker more standard looking? I might pay slightly more if the non-writing end is standard looking, but don't know how much more improvement this is over super sharpie if you don't call too much attention to the pen
Looking to BUY: Penomenon Writer (Black version), Ghost Cap (Porper), CAPtivated, Glass Mirage, Just a Key (Porper)
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2009-12-19 15:05, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Just got this yesterday. As stated above, it's a system that accomplishes the same thing as a NW, but there are several pieces to it that work together to eliminate discrepancies. I was looking for a NW system to use with a Devin Knight effect; this is the first one I've purchased that didn't involve pencil lead, and I think it will work nicely with the Knight routine. From what I've heard about the Super Sharpie, this is a different system entirely. However, there are no breakthrough ideas here, based on the props alone. Unlike the SS, this doesn't write with black ink. The actual writing material is easily replaceable at an office supply store.

Candin - this looks like exactly what you are looking for, based on your last post. If you're not willing to pay $70, though, you can get it for $52.50 at this site - https://www.magicmgmt.com/magicshop/inde......temid=40

Unfortunately, the silver coating on the DVD was offset (a flaw), so it wouldn't play in my computer or DVD player, so I can't comment on the instruction portion yet.

Thanks Max, appreciate it.

Candin
amedica
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amedica
Maxfields: have you ordered from them? I was going to try mjmmagic since they have it for 61 after discount, but I haven't heard of the shop you mentioned. Also don't know how much magicmgmt is charging for shipping after the 51.50
Looking to BUY: Penomenon Writer (Black version), Ghost Cap (Porper), CAPtivated, Glass Mirage, Just a Key (Porper)
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2009-12-21 01:58, amedica wrote:
Maxfields: have you ordered from them? I was going to try mjmmagic since they have it for 61 after discount, but I haven't heard of the shop you mentioned. Also don't know how much magicmgmt is charging for shipping after the 51.50

Yes, I've ordered from them, and was happy with the service. You can contact them directly about the shipping charge if you'd like. I think I paid the actual cost of shipping, which shouldn't be much for this effect.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Calling all owners of Paralies by Joshua Quinn......how does PENomenon writer compare to the Thwarpie in Paralies?

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
amedica
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amedica
Key question: will my writing be in sharpie?
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
Yes,
Just checked it out at one of the creators.
Pretty Unique and different from Super-sharpie
You get a cool gimmick that can get refilled
easily.
Any questions... Let me know!

Paul.W
From Israel
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2009-12-22 06:19, amedica wrote:
Key question: will my writing be in sharpie?

No, but the writing you make with the Sharpie pen will match the "magic" writing.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
amedica
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amedica
It looks like there are some tradeoffs between this and the Super Sharpie. Penomenon sounds like it would be better for stage work where the far away appearance of the writing and pen is important. Seems like Super Sharpie would be better if you wanted to give away your prediction as a memento or just leave the prediction in their hands (which can be a powerful and important element)
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Hi Everyone,
I recently visited Israel and got one. Since than I worked it a few times. It is a marvelous piece of kit and it does exactly what the advert says. I have now ditched my old T***W***** and work only with the PENomenon.
It is well made, very clever and easy to use. The result is much better than the ordinary TW and it can be seen from a greater distance.
I think its a very clever and workable device and easy to use.
I am very pleased I bought it
Cheers
Roni
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Like I said before, Banachek sells this for $15.00. Im not hearing anything new here other than the fact that they stuffed a g****e pencil in a sharpie. What's the point to that? I could be wrong, but sounds like an overpriced remake of nothing new.

Banachek made his specifically so that the audience could SEE THE WRITING BETTER FROM A DISTANCE. Ive been using it for 4 years now.

....and half of these posts sound more like sales pitches vs. reviews.
hboy
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of hboy
Is there any full video of the TV show performace? Because the demo has the magician perform this trick, but the demo only a few shots. I am looking for the whole video of the magician did.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2009-12-23 02:47, hboy wrote:
Is there any full video of the TV show performace? Because the demo has the magician perform this trick, but the demo only a few shots. I am looking for the whole video of the magician did.

you get those when you buy it...

its the koontz super TT writer, they've just updated it a little that's all...the one guy bavli used to distribute...
I've asked to be banned
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
Hi Guys,

MaxfieldsMagic: Yes, the writing will match
Roni: you said it amazingly completely agree
videokideo: can you send me the link to Banachek's version? thanks
hboy: there should be a full video of the footage soon.
IAIN: Yes, Bavli distributes them occasionally

Paul.W
From Israel
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Sorry... was a bit wrong but not totally.

Banacheks device is called the B3CM.... it costs 38.00. I was thinking 15.00, but that's the price for the psychokentic pen..got the prices reversed. Been 4 years since I ordered this.

Either way, seems to do the same as the routine in this topic. Difference is they wanted a sharpie that writes like a grease pencil, which to me, makes no sense. Why not just use a grease pencil in the first place... and this is what you get from Banachek. You get the special tool and a pencil. I just don't get the need for a sharpie...especially when any competent audience member will be able to tell its not a sharpie ink writing. Sharpies are permanent, grease is not.

Can be found at http://www.magicinspirations.net
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
Hi Videokideo

Banachek's B3CM is different from Penomenon.
Thanks

Paul.W
From Israel
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Quote:
On 2009-12-24 10:26, Paul.W wrote:
Hi Videokideo

Banachek's B3CM is different from Penomenon.
Thanks

Paul.W
From Israel

It accomplishes the same thing in the end....vernet TT and rubber TT aren't the same either, but then again, they are! Let's be realistic.

I had a chance to see Penomenon in a shop yesterday. When I asked about it, the owner gave a one word descritption...REDICULOUS! He wrote something with the sharpie, and it looked NOTHING like sharpie writing. He then offered to sell it to me at his cost just to get it off his shelf! It is nothing new... and the idea behind it is just plain stupid in theory. And I truely believe this is why they don't show it in the video... If you already have a good NW, save your money. If you don't, then this is one of many options out there. That's my review!
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
I agree with you that they acomplish the same thing.
But there many different kinds of NW each different and some
may be more comfortable to others.

Paul.W
From Israel
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Paul, you're so categoric, you must be the producer of this product !
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PENomenon Writer (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL