The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PENomenon Writer (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
952 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Ok I will sacrifice and buy it lol...ill order today form hocus-pocus and put a review once I get it in a day or 2
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
p_n_g
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of p_n_g
"remote controlled" writer
MarianoG
View Profile
Loyal user
SPAIN
235 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
IMHO they are trying to sell the product to knowledgeable magicians or mentalists. Do you want ellusionist kiddies to start playing with a hot weapon like this one?

That's my romantic view. Hehe. Perhaps I'm wrong, and the ad sucks by the base.

But Justin, why would anyone need a new swami writer? because the tip of a pencil or a ballpoint pen, CAN be hidden somewhere in your hand (in the minds of the spectators) but a LARGE color felt tip of a sharpie... that's out of the question.

Now, I've got the same reactions with a normal swami (well, perfected boon from my friend Lincoln), like those on the video, so we have to admit that this "prop" is really standing on a giant's shoulder. But I hope it has it's own potential.

I would like to read a review to see how practical and invisible it is, thou.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
If they don't want it bought by the kiddie ellusionist crowd, why are they marketing it like an ellusionist item them?

grin

must not be too powerful of an item to show a demo video of it.

I thought I was watching a Criss Angel special when I saw the promo video. (grin)
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I did not care for the super sharpie, I hope this is an improvement over that.

Mike
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
952 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Thanks MarianoG. I to hope this is something that can improve mentalism. I have never been called out on using a boon, swami before while performing, I agree however, that many spectators may come to a conclusion like having a small pen or pencil tip is how the prediction, mind reading is done. so ill I can say is that I hope this is something I like and that I will use... I shall let everyone know.
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2986 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
If this is something that will duplicate scribblings made with a Sharpie, but at a distance and a larger scale, that would indeed be very cool and useful. Presumably, though, that would have been made clearer by now.

Staples is selling digital pens that record and beam (wirelessly) physical movements and chicken scratches to your PC, which can then be saved as a PDF, or can be converted to text via OCR.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
Hi maxfieldsMagic
Can you maybe send the link to the digital pen effect?
Thanks
Paul.W
From Israel
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
http://www.scanningpens.co.uk/ old news though .
Regards Mark
E.O.I
eb02
View Profile
Special user
658 Posts

Profile of eb02
Hi Paul

As far as I know the digital pen is being developed in Israel... my neighbor was working for this company and I can ask him where you can buy it in Israel.

Regarding the PENomenon, I am a good friend of all the creators of this effect, I will try and get some more information for you and bring it here.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
Hi Eran
I appreciate you taking the time for me.
It would be great if you could bring more information Smile

Thanks
Paul.W
From Israel

P.S how was the last convention ( last week)?
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2986 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-12-12 01:48, Paul.W wrote:
Hi maxfieldsMagic
Can you maybe send the link to the digital pen effect?
Thanks
Paul.W
From Israel

The one I saw isn't actually an effect, it's marketed to students and professionals who want to use it to take notes without typing, then preserve them electronically, either as images or as typed text.

They've been out for awhile, but they're getting cheaper and more mainstream. There was a large display of them and their accessories at the entrance to Staples (an office supply chain in the U.S.A.) last week. Some require special paper to track the pen, some don't. Don't see them on their website right now, but this one seems to use the same technology, without the need for special paper -

http://www.staples.com/IRISnotes-Digital......esSearch
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
Max
Thank you,
I wanted to buy a similar product that would cost me 2000 dollars but I guess I got a better christmas gift Smile.

Paul.W
From Israel
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1844 Posts

Profile of Platt
I assumed this allows you to write something in advance and then have it appear over a given amount of time. like the opposite of disappearing ink.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2986 Posts

That would be a useful idea too...

This is an interesting thread. Usually we're speculating concerning the method - here we're speculating concerning the effect.
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
The question is, do you have to have the receiver on the paper or you can just hold it in your hand?

Paul.W
From Israel
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5598 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2009-12-12 18:00, Platt wrote:
I assumed this allows you to write something in advance and then have it appear over a given amount of time. like the opposite of disappearing ink.

Probably(?).

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
eb02
View Profile
Special user
658 Posts

Profile of eb02
As promised, I spoke with my friend who created this effect.
I can say that the PENomenon is a type of N…. W….. that involve sharpie instead of lead. This effect is perfected for every-day situations. It gives the performer the ability to make visible live predictions appear on any surface, paper, wood, concrete-floor, glass, or mirrors and even on beer bottles and soda cans.

Use it for TV, on the streets, in trade-shows to promote products, or in live performances for small or large audiences.

Mentalist Lior Suchard, winner of the 1st "The New Uri Geller" TV-show, together with magic-consultant, Shimon Nachmani, will lead you step-by-step through the amazing benefits of PENomenon Writer. All the easy moves, routines, and performances are thoroughly explained. Running Time: Approximately 28mins

Available in black, red, and green.
A new movie will be ready shortly and will give some more information.
I have seen it in action and it's amazing.
Hope that give you the missing information.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
askernas
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
294 Posts

Profile of askernas
So if this is a type of NW, how does it differ from the S***r Sharpie ?
Micke Askernäs
www.askernas.com
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
Good Question
I heard the only difference is the lead
But not sure, so don't take my word for it

Paul.W
From Israel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PENomenon Writer (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL