The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PENomenon Writer (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
eb02
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of eb02
I am not familier with the S***r Sharpie so it is hard from me to tell the diffrent.
However there are many types of N/W and they are diffrent in the way you wear them but not in the effect to the audiance.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Amazing....2 pages and still don't know what id be getting in the box.

BTW...one of these amazing Penomenon secrets just showed up in the tricks for sale section of the site!

__________________________________________________________________________________

On another note...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0sMU7kFi7Y

Looks to me that you could not use this realtime. The pen and receiver must be close to each other and for realtime use, receiver must be plugged into computer. Ill look into other pens and update if anything better is found.

Definitely perfect for pre-show work or a routine where you have additional time between to upload info.
eb02
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of eb02
Please do not mix - the PENomenon is not the pen shown on youtube!
This is compltly different item.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
Hi Eran

When will the new video be put up on youtube?
I will meet with Lior Suchard this week and I will let you guys know how is the effect and if
it is like Super Sharpie or a new concept

Paul.W
From Israel
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Quote:
On 2009-12-14 00:43, eb02 wrote:
Please do not mix - the PENomenon is not the pen shown on youtube!
This is compltly different item.

We know its different...someone had brought this up off topic so I added to that part of what was being discussed.

I still patiently waiting to find out what you really get with the Penomenon.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Suspense continues. Could this be?

Reactions of the girl screaming too. Smile

But wondering with beer bottles and soda cans etc dripping with condensation, if this is for real and it could be seen on the glass, can etc, it could be worth the money don't you think?

Need to look again and see if it comes in TT version.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
The fact the creators of this effect wont post a decent demo video showing the actual performance speaks volumes!

I mean seriously - they certainly know the bad buzz about no one knowing what the heck it does.

If its a N... WRI.... then for gods sake say so!

If the gimmick is so weak that they are concerned if someone see it in play or a description of it, that they will easily make it themselves - then this item isn't worth the price of the paper in the DVD case!

I really get the impression this is just another weak spinoff of one of the many gimmicks on the market already. And this is why there is no real description or video. There is only buzz and hype...

Effect producers NEED TO STOP THIS GARBAGE OF SELLING THE HYPE AND NOT THE PRODUCT!!!

If you want to sell your item like that - go to ellusionist!
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Kevin Gardner
View Profile
Regular user
Richboro, PA
177 Posts

Profile of Kevin Gardner
S***r Sharpie has some major issues that make it akward.

#1 - It does not look like a normal Sharpie. Everyone knows what a normal sharpie looks like, and anyone will be able to see the difference immediately.

#2 - The S***r Sharpie can not be examined.

#3 - If you use blue tack with the S***r Sharpie it will be noticiable, and if you use the special MagicSmith, "Super Putty" you will have perminant stains on your hands. Yes, the, "Super Putty" leaves nasty stains.

#4 - There are angle problems with the set up and clean up.

Looking forward to checking out a review of PENomenon.
magicjustin
View Profile
New user
Minnesota
26 Posts

Profile of magicjustin
I personally love the Super Sharpie. I've created a new handling and will be giving Chris Smith a video of it. I spoke with him and he's in the process of putting together a video with some addition tricks handlings and other ideas.

I use the Super Sharpie to kill in my strolling mentalism set.

As for the putty. I use a 50/50 Silly Putty, Stick Tack mix colored with the black sharpie. I make a small amount of this so I have it ready to go in my case. You only need about a finger nail scrape to go on the Sharpie.

I now understand that this PENonemon is a N W, but I'm still left in the dark. I would love to know more.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Got this from supplier:

"The material used (g****e marker) allows you to write on virtually any
surface which is not the case with a Sharpie. It also comes with gimmicked
Sharpie, that is made to look like a standard Sharpie and yet matches the
written appearance of the writer perfectly."
Kevin Gardner
View Profile
Regular user
Richboro, PA
177 Posts

Profile of Kevin Gardner
Quote:
On 2009-12-17 15:40, Candin wrote:
Got this from supplier:

"The material used (g****e marker) allows you to write on virtually any
surface which is not the case with a Sharpie.

A normal Sharpie brand marker can write on any surface: paper, glass, brick, silver, any metal, plastic, skin, cloth, anything...

Now I'm really curious.
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Soooo... basically, its nothing new.

When you see a video like this promoting a product, and it uses testimonials and video graphics to hype the product, yet you never see the actual piece you are buying, its usually because of these two reasons....

1. Its nothing new compared to whats already on the market.
2. Its something you can construct for pennies at home.

My guess its the first one! I find it interesting its taking so long for the NEW video to arrive, and nobody has stepped up to answer questions on the board.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2016 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Passing off a g****e marker NW (I'll keep the asterisks to humor whoever thought they were necessary) as Sharpie writing is as old as the hills. Am I understanding correctly that the only new thing being offered here is a gimmicked Sharpie with a g****e marker tip, so that the writing will be a better match? Oh, and the fact that it comes in some different colors?
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Afraid so Quinn. I know I use a g****e marker NW/TT also and a Sharpie all the time in my alien act. Was called out once because the Sharpie didn't look like the writing. Would love to have a Sharpie that wrote like the GM but not willing to pay $70 for it. I don't think a tip would last too long marking on coins. Anyone have a source, please advise.

Thanks

C
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
So the creator of this thinks that popping a gre*** tip in a sharpie and saying it now writes on anything is a marketable effect and utility????

Wow...

maybe I should loop a few pieces of scotch tape and market it as magic sticky wafers for sticking two cards together.

Awesome new flash paper ignition system! No electronics! Harness the power of friction! Pocket sized! Will light anything flammable!!! 24 to a pack!!! Your choice of colored cases! Buy it now for only $19.99

or... buy your own matchbook...

:-(

I don't get it... are they selling a grea** tipped sharpie and take off of a swami gimmick and that's all????
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11911 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Not to be concerned, the popular TV show THe Mentalist exposed it last night. I think the market share of this went from $70 to about $68 now.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quinn,

Thwarpie all the way baby!!!!

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2984 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Just got this yesterday. As stated above, it's a system that accomplishes the same thing as a NW, but there are several pieces to it that work together to eliminate discrepancies. I was looking for a NW system to use with a Devin Knight effect; this is the first one I've purchased that didn't involve pencil lead, and I think it will work nicely with the Knight routine. From what I've heard about the Super Sharpie, this is a different system entirely. However, there are no breakthrough ideas here, based on the props alone. Unlike the SS, this doesn't write with black ink. The actual writing material is easily replaceable at an office supply store.

Candin - this looks like exactly what you are looking for, based on your last post. If you're not willing to pay $70, though, you can get it for $52.50 at this site - https://www.magicmgmt.com/magicshop/inde......temid=40

Unfortunately, the silver coating on the DVD was offset (a flaw), so it wouldn't play in my computer or DVD player, so I can't comment on the instruction portion yet.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18105 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I had to get one just to see what all the fuss was about...its basically the revamp of the koontz super writer...not got the original, but koontz is on the cover of this dvd, so there you go...

pricey really..but it is comfortable, I like the extra "bit" that goes with the device (personally not seen it before with this style) - and there was one method/technique that I really liked, and hadnt occurred to me before...so I learnt something..not all bad...

no PMs over this please...this should have been £25-30 tops...
nikola paris
View Profile
New user
Paris
72 Posts

Profile of nikola paris
Just received mine...
First of all, putting a product on the market is a lot of work... I mean really a lot of work ! So it can be very disapointed to see bad comments on differents internet forums from people we didn't have a simple glimpse on the product... Please, we have to encourage our magic producers (even if, as all of us, I already was disapointed with some products, or marketing operations such as presales...).

I love the Penomenon writer, and I will use it !
What you receive : a T***B W****R (a very good one, maybe the best one, but with a boon type. A special gimmicked Sharpie (with a matching nib : this THE idea of the Penomenon Writer). A refill, that can give you I think more than 10 refills in fact... A special tool to ease the refill action (Thank you for that ! It may looks unimportant, but it is really usefull !), and a DVD with detailed explanations, and several very good advices around secret writing, and some applications.

I really think the Penomenon writer put the art of secret writing a big step further !

Highly recommended !!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PENomenon Writer (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL