The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Warning, Most incredible Jumbo Half Dollar? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jumbopenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Bay Area, Northern California USA
257 Posts

Profile of Jumbopenny
Check out the most incredible Jumbo Half Dollar at an incredible price.
http://www.magicgeek.com/jumbo-3-half-dollar-coin-1628.html

Actually, I'm just trying to save everyone here some time and money. The picture is of one of the best looking Jumbo halves I've ever seen, and check out the price. What a bargain! I almost bought a couple, but am glad I only bought 1. The coin I received was your run of the mill Jumbo half that can be found anywhere dated the usual 1964. It was sprayed with a poor pewter looking coat (was supposed to be nickel),dented, and scratched. I was shocked when I received it. All of my Jumbo halves purchased for $3 looked 10 times better. It was totally unusable, and I would be embarrased to produce such a coin. Here's the punch line. After searching for another better coin I found the EXACT picture used in their advertisement on a website selling stock pictures. Basically, It's a picture of a real normal sized half dollar! That's why it looked so good. Bottom line don't buy this coin.

To the companies credit they refunded me for the coin and the shipping back. I bought other things from them and everything else was fine, but stay away from their Jumbo Half.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Viking Magic sells good quality 3" inch jumbo Morgan coins. I picked up a pack of three Jumbo Morgans for under $10. They sell half dollars as well, but I haven't bought any to attest to the quality. I assume they would be just as good as the Morgans.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Jumbopenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Bay Area, Northern California USA
257 Posts

Profile of Jumbopenny
Hey Doug,

Long time, did you ever perfect that 1 handed jumbo production?
Thanks for the link, I read it long ago. I was tempted to drop $400 on the solid silver one, but I'd be too worried about using,dropping, or losing it. I've checked out the one at Viking before, but looks pretty much like all the ones I already have.

Thanks,

Ken
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Ken,

The Jumbo one for $400 is about to go up to $450.00 due to the price of silver. I have had it dropped, fell on it going down the stairs and you can hardly tell anything has ever happened to it. I have had my personal one for almost 6 years now and it still looks almost new. They are much much more durable than you think.

Kind regards,
Max
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Warning, Most incredible Jumbo Half Dollar? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL