The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Get well Dio. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Ronnie James Dio has stomach cancer. It was announced on his website in October.
Dio is the greatest singer the metal world has ever known and I wish him a speedy victory in this battle.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Ditto on the best wishes. I wouldn't put him at #1, but he's on my very, very short list. "Rainbow in the Dark" changed my musical tastes for ever, and I'd still put "Heaven and Hell" as the best metal song ever, behind only Stairway to Heaven and Jimi's version of All Along the Watchtower for best rock song ever.

I have the DVD of the Radio City Music Hall concert from 2007 with Heaven and Hell (Dio-era Sabbath, but I guess they can't use the name)...PHENOMENAL show, led by Dio in his late 60's. The guy's had a 50+ year career. It's ridiculous.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I think I read an interview with Dio that the "Heaven and Hell" name was a mutual decision between him and Iommi out of respect for Ozzy and the original line-up.
I saw him at the old Big Easy club here about four or five years ago and he was still amazing.
The place was packed wall to wall. Full open bar too so it was a little crazy. Speaking of walls, they had the wall of amps, you hardly ever see that anymore.
Great show.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Yeah, I saw him live from the 4th row about 5 years ago with Motorhead and Maiden. Oustanding show.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Dio? Saw the heaven and hell tour back in 79 or 80 or whenever it was. Never saw Ozzie.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Wow, I hate to hear this. Ronnie James Dio is one of my all time favorites! Not only does he have great pipes but his songwriting ability is top notch. He has played with a lot of different bands, all of which were better with Dio screaming out the vocals. I sure hope he makes a fast and full recovery!

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Get well Dio. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL