The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Nesting wands? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mikeypresto
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of mikeypresto
Which is your favorite version and why?

I have always used the colored ickle pickle by steve bender
Magically,

Mikey
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
490 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
I like the version where one end of all the wands are closed. This way there is no danger the wands slip out if you don´t want it. But most nesting wands are open on both sides - don´t know why. But it is still a great gag.
mikeypresto
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of mikeypresto
The ickle pickle has the sealed end on them
Magically,

Mikey
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Personally, I'm not a fan of the nesting wands I see most people use, where they get smaller and are different colors.

I prefer the wands that nest, but remain the same size as they're pulled out. I think most people refer to them as multiplying wands, but they nest, so maybe they count as both! Anyway, I'm not sure who makes them, I've always made my own, but I've seen several performers with them. The standard black with silver ends is my favorite! By the end of the routine, you've got 6 (or 5) wands all the same, as though they magically multiplied!
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
The ones I have used for years are really hard to get nowadays. The Bev Bergeron multiplying wand are great. they are all black with white tips, easy to see from the stage, and all 6 wands are the same size.
harry knight
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of harry knight
Here's a link to some Bev Bergeron nesting wands, if these are the ones your talking about: http://www.mreenterprises.co.uk/viewproduct.php?id=1783
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
A few years back I had a set of Bergeron wands and they were great. They do shrink in size just a bit.

Recently, though, I've been using the wands put out by FAB Magic, which have Bergeron's blessing - - so I'm told. They are all black & white wands and they DO NOT diminish in size.

It's my personal opinion that the versions that shrink and are in different colors are manufactured by folks who truly don't grasp the concept about this bit of business.

Hope that helps.

Gerry
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
My favorite set was made by Warren Stephens. All metal, standard wand size and look and very durable. My set is over ten years old and shows almost no wear at all. Don't know if they are available any longer. Hope so, as I'd love to buy another set.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Hello..yes we did receive Bev's permission..in fact he said we were the ONLY dealer ..ever..to ask permission! We have just relaunched a new and improved version of this wonderful effect with unbreakable plastic..they are all the same size and do not 'nest' but multiply. We also offer them in a new woodgrain/wooden look for those Harry Potter type shows or recycling programs...
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
Cesar Munoz
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Cesar Munoz
I make my own. At the end, the helper is holding 5 different colored wands, all with white tips and exactly the same size.
magicone
View Profile
Veteran user
Doylestown, PA
351 Posts

Profile of magicone
Quote:
On 2009-12-12 07:42, Skip Way wrote:
My favorite set was made by Warren Stephens. All metal, standard wand size and look and very durable. My set is over ten years old and shows almost no wear at all. Don't know if they are available any longer. Hope so, as I'd love to buy another set.

They don't make them any longer from what I was told, I sold a set of them not that long ago for $70

Best set I ever owned and as you said durable.
Zendor
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Zendor
I use the multi-colored ones by Ickle Pickle
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
I use to multi-colored Ickle Pickle ones too. I use them for kids so the size thing doesn't seem to matter. I make a joke when we get to the tiny one.

I had a bit of a problem with them not coming out smoothly, so I drilled a small hole in the capped end to let a little air in while the wand slides out. That works a lot better for me.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2009-12-12 05:10, Gerry Walkowski wrote:
A few years back I had a set of Bergeron wands and they were great. They do shrink in size just a bit.

Recently, though, I've been using the wands put out by FAB Magic, which have Bergeron's blessing - - so I'm told. They are all black & white wands and they DO NOT diminish in size.

It's my personal opinion that the versions that shrink and are in different colors are manufactured by folks who truly don't grasp the concept about this bit of business.

Hope that helps.

Gerry

(Sorry to pop up an old thread.)

I recently bought one of the FAB Magic Multiplying Wand sets because of your recommendation, and I'm very happy with them.

Black with silver tips: http://www.fabmagic.com/bevbeormuwa.html

They also sell some other variations: woodgrain look, candycane look, etc.

I bought them to replace a multiplying wand set that I got from David Ginn about 25-30 years ago. They were long wore out because of heavy use.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
These look really nice, Donald. Being all the same size definitely adds magic to the effect, which is already a great gag.

It's great to see so many old threads being revived recently. I think it's easy to forget how much incredibly valuable information is locked away in the archives of the Magic Café.
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
Quote:
On 2012-08-03 12:10, Donald Dunphy wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-12-12 05:10, Gerry Walkowski wrote:

Hope that helps.

Gerry

(Sorry to pop up an old thread.)

I recently bought one of the FAB Magic Multiplying Wand sets because of your recommendation, and I'm very happy with them.

Black with silver tips: http://www.fabmagic.com/bevbeormuwa.html

They also sell some other variations: woodgrain look, candycane look, etc.

I bought them to replace a multiplying wand set that I got from David Ginn about 25-30 years ago. They were long wore out because of heavy use.

- Donald

Those look pretty good and they may carry Bev Bergeron's name, but they are not the kind that Bev actually uses. I attended a workshop with Bev in Florida back in January and he blew us away with his handling of the nesting wands. It looks like real magic in his hands.

His are made in metal and he uses a set of 5. I made my own set recently. This is what they look like:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b289/jkimmons/IMG_1737.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b289/jkimmons/IMG_1743.jpg
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Nice work Kimmo.
Magic guy in Perth Australia
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Very nice

what about his handling makes them look like magic?
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
There is a short clip of Bev doing the wands about 50 seconds in to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQg8bakhqp0

It doesn't really do the effect justice though - when you see Bev do it, it's hard to see where the wands are coming from. He then gets a big laugh at the end by cueing the kid to put the wands back together.
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I only perform the Nesting Wands if a lot of young kids are present. I use the multi-colored ones by Ickle Pickle. The young kids like the colors. I do not know if they know the secret. But they really like the silly and funny presentation. It keeps them laughing.

The older kids will always say, "One is coming out of the other." They are not influenced as easy by the silly reactions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Nesting wands? (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL