The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Slip knot in silk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
Can anyone describe how to tie a convincing looking slip knot in the middle of a silk or is there video of it somewhere? I want to tie a knot in the silk and have it change into a billiard ball.

Thanks
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
Henry Hay's Amateur Magicians Handbook, or the Mark Wilson book
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Nothing for free if that is your purpose for asking, you should post this question in the private section, then if someone want to offer the method they can discribe it.

Check out the Laflin DVD's as far as purchasing a method. Rope knotting can be converted to silks as well.

Also check out Rice's Studio collection of booklets, the strip ad is at the top of this silk section.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20534 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
It is in my silk lecture and instructions (Bachelor Forever) for Pro Knots-Off Silk. (Neither is free.)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
I forgot I had Mark Wilson's book and there it is... thanks
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20534 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The Mark Wilson course is a great reference. Always keep it close by.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1886 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Channing Pollock used a slightly different vanishing knot from what most magicians use. I remember Vernon in his farewell lecture tour taught a very convincing vanishing knot that was also different from the standard. It may have been on one of his Videonics tapes.

If you're using this idea to segue from a silk routine to a billiard ball routine, you might consider just producing the ball from the silk. One of the best ball production ideas I ever saw was in Anverdi's lecture. If you can locate his lecture notes (written as I recall in three languages--Dutch, English and German) you'll find some very unusual and highly visual magic with silks. I think his idea for rigging a silk for the serpent silk effect is more magical looking than using a reel.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Slip knot in silk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL