The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Performance Vid (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

satoeri
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of satoeri
I had a thread in this topic forum a few weeks ago about getting ideas for a show. Anyway, this is one small performance vid from the show that I thought had a pretty fun reaction.

I think the camera girl (my GF) was laughing the most though, haha.

Jim Pace's "The Web" (there were some people sponsored by Spider Skiwear =)
http://vimeo.com/8150405
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
I loved it!
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Why is it that 99.9% of all LIVE! Magic Video's are always shot in such poorly lit conditions. It bugs me to no end. If you want us to SEE what your doing, then make sure there's ample light to showcase your talent.

I watched the whole clip and couldn't see a gosh darn thing. I only assume that the routine went over well as I heard the lady scream at the end.

At the very least, use some post production software (Premier, Power Director, Movie Maker, etc.) and increase the brightness/contrast levels so it can be seen.

I'm not bashing you or your talent...but if you're going to try and show us what you can do, we should be able to see it...know what I mean.

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Quote:
On 2009-12-13 20:47, Christopher Lyle wrote:
Why is it that 99.9% of all LIVE! Magic Video's are always shot in such poorly lit conditions. It bugs me to no end. If you want us to SEE what your doing, then make sure there's ample light to showcase your talent.

I watched the whole clip and couldn't see a gosh darn thing. I only assume that the routine went over well as I heard the lady scream at the end.

At the very least, use some post production software (Premier, Power Director, Movie Maker, etc.) and increase the brightness/contrast levels so it can be seen.

I'm not bashing you or your talent...but if you're going to try and show us what you can do, we should be able to see it...know what I mean.

Christopher

I agree about the quality thing, but I liked it because of the reacion he induced at the end.

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
satoeri
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of satoeri
I totally agree about the vid quality , etc...

However, the purpose of the vid was not to showcase my talent, as in "the Web" there is a frustration count... not really the hardest thing to pull off.

Mainly the vid was to let people see one of the performances/ reactions from the party I was mentioning in a previous thread ( I probably should have just posted it in the same thread, my bad).

Also, I didn't even notice that my GF had the camera at first, so I didn't do the trick for the purpose of being filmed, I was just performing at the venue.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I actually think it is "Flustration" count. Either that or it is something I don't know.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
satoeri
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of satoeri
Hehe You are right, sorry. I just finished teaching an English lesson at a University here, so I was subconsciously needing to spell correctly. ButI believe it is the "Flustration count."
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Well the video was shot in Japan Danny...so there, it IS the frustration count. (Sorry satoeri...couldn't resist).

As I said...I wasn't bustin' your chops, I just wish Magi would take more time in making sure the video viewing audience could SEE the action. We work so hard to learn this stuff, yet nobody can see it.

As I said in my original post...the reaction was good...

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You TEACH at a University? I would have thought you were much younger.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
satoeri
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of satoeri
I am 27 years old. I am not a professor, but I teach a special English program that exists only at Waseda University in Tokyo. You can check out the information here : http://www.wui.co.jp

The course is mainly an intensive conversation course required for the students in various departments, but we also have Business English, Discussion courses (for advanced students), Writing, Reading, Listening, and Cross Cultural Distance Learning courses (English conversations done via chat/ video client with students from Taiwan, Indonesia, China, etc...).

Anyway, back to the magic. I was wearing the hat, because it was a skiier's party, and everyone was wearing a hat (almost everyone). If I were to take off my hat, my balding head would have made me look a lot older =).
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Quote:
On 2009-12-14 01:12, satoeri wrote:
I am 27 years old. I am not a professor, but I teach a special English program that exists only at Waseda University in Tokyo. You can check out the information here : http://www.wui.co.jp

The course is mainly an intensive conversation course required for the students in various departments, but we also have Business English, Discussion courses (for advanced students), Writing, Reading, Listening, and Cross Cultural Distance Learning courses (English conversations done via chat/ video client with students from Taiwan, Indonesia, China, etc...).

Anyway, back to the magic. I was wearing the hat, because it was a skiier's party, and everyone was wearing a hat (almost everyone). If I were to take off my hat, my balding head would have made me look a lot older =).

So is your first language Japenese or English?

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Brother John Hamman added an extra "h" in there just to make it even more difficult to pronounce: Flushtration Count. Interestingly, Darwin Ortiz refers to it as the Flushtration Move, not Count.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I was just checking to see if it was what I thought it was is all. Not bashing spelling. (which a native Japanese speaker does better than myself anyhow)
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Waseda University... Aha... my Nephew part of the USA Rowing team has raced against Wasede U at least two years in a row. And "American All Star" team has enjoyed the trip and the people from Waseda. Sorry, he had to win Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
satoeri
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of satoeri
English is my native language, but I have been studying Japanese since 2nd year of Junior Highschoo. I also majored in Japanese Social Linguistics at the U. of Washington in Seattle.

And to Pete Biro, one of my current students is currently a member of the Waseda crew team!

Anyway, I have been asked to perform again at an end of the year party for my friend's fashion chain (http://www.kapital.jp), and now need to think of some ideas to incorporate clothes in my routine... and as I am not a stage magician, and can't do the quick clothes changing stuff, anyone have some simple ideas?
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Rich Marotta has a Color Changing Tie that may fill the bill.
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Performance Vid (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL