The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Web critiques (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Do any of you make an effort to get clients to give comments or ratings on sites like yellowbot or local web lists?
You know, the kind where they give a # of stars or give a review.

If you do try to get clients to do it do you give them links to the ones you'd like or just ask them to "spread the word" or get a letter of recommendation and ask if you might post it on such sites in their name? Do you suggest the kinds of things people would like to know about their experience of your show?

Do you seem to get any feed back or reaction from the reviews you do get? (I've never gotten any that I know of.)

Have you experienced web bullying on this sort of site (i.e. baseless negative comments)?

I'm not very web savvy, do you think most of the comments are fake and I shouldn't bother with it?

I'd appreciate any input. I guess I'm just curious about the subject.

-Mary Mowder
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
761 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
Always give them a link to the site you want the reviews on..
Send them to your Google Business listing to write a review..
Ask them to use sidewiki to write a review on your homepage

WEB Bullying..
yeah I've seen it.. even had a guy trying to do it to me..
if it happens to you email me with the keyword phrase they are hitting you with and where and I will help fix it.. I hate it when people do this...

The #'s I heard last week are that 60% of surfers trust a 3rd party review and that they use them to influence what they purchase..

ALSO use google alerts to setup reputation monitoring.
its ok.. balloon dogs don't bite
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Dear MikeClay,

Thank you for your reply.

As I said I'm not web savvy and I'm not familiar with several of the terms you used.

I.E. Google business listing, Sidewiki, Google alerts and reputation monitoring.

I'll have to do some research before I go much further. I think I'm out of my depth.

-Mary Mowder
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
There seem to be quite a few crazies out there who make negative comments simply because they can. Reviews of a site mean nothing.

Things to focus on are; keywords, links, speed (how fast your site loads) and ranking on Google.

Web site construction has become very scientific regarding ways to maximize for results. Reviews really don't factor in to this.
Check out Google Diagnostics.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Web critiques (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL