The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Best place to buy a Lefler table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
230 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
Understand your point Brad. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Value is totally relative. Many companies are beginning to understand "Customer Loyalty". Just today my cable company gave me a substantial discount on my phone and internet to keep me as a customer. I didn't even call to ask. They sent out a flyer that said we value you and want to give you a great deal. That builds customer loyalty.

Barry Mitchell and Steve Axtell both did the same thing. They offered a discount to customer that increases loyalty. Their 20% discount bought them a lot more. Steve Axtell also sells through distributors and direct. He offered a discount to those customers who buy direct from him. Do you think any distributor complained? No. Barry Mitchell's items are also sold direct and through distributors like Hocus Pocus. So when I get an email from Barry because I buy directly from him saying "you're a great customer" here is a thank you from me does Hocus Pocus them complain. No.

That is all smoke and mirrors. It is the way things used to work, but in this market quality products that are popular will always have distributors who want to carry them.

Again. How many folks will read this post and then think well maybe I should buy a new table or just buy an off brand. Would a $40 discount be worth it just to avoid one mixed impression.

I am sure you are a good guy Brad, but I do the same thing with my magic shows. If someone asks for a discount and I have an open slot I am happy to negotiate. I even openly offer discounts to single parents because they have a tough enough job as it is raising a kid alone.

Integrity isn't about having pride in a product. It is about your relationship with each person you meet and how you treat them.

I don't say what Mr. Lefler did was "bad" just out of date.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2009-12-20 14:14, BScott8870 wrote:
I have a Lefler table (large) myself. I tried purchasing through Joe Lefler directly but he wants his retail price and would not budge.

Good for him. I have no problem with someone standing their ground over price.

BTW, unless I missed something, isn't the difference between Joe Lefler's example and Steve Axtell's example, is that Steve was offering the sale. Same for Barry - he was offering the sale price.

It's one thing for a dealer to put their own items on sale. It's a different thing to go to them and ask (or demand) that they put their items on sale whenever you want.

I'm happy with my Lefler table. It's about 15 years old.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
So which is better for Joe, expecting/asking for a discount on his table or buying knock offs of his table from India? I understand he went to his new design, with the hinged back just so people could differentiate between the two. Just asking.

John
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Joe Lefler...
Quote:
I have also modified the table that we now sell We didn't have a choice, we needed to make it different than the table that D. Robbins is having knocked of in India. He still calls it a pro-suitcase table, so there may be some confusion. If anybody wants to see the ew version of the table it can be seen at our new website. http://www.magicandsoundsystems.com/inde......s_id=248

There are some dealers that are selling the version from India and claiming it is my table. If it does not have the modification it is not my table!

Thanks to all who have supported me in the past and to those that use my table in the future.

Just so there's no misunderstanding...

John
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Here's a video I like about the topic of asking for a lower price:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2a8TRSgzZY&fmt=18

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Donald, I thought that was hilarious. Thanks!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Best place to buy a Lefler table (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL