The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
QUESTION. What are some of the best coin tricks out there.I have Hopping Halves,
shells,johnny wong super triple coins.Any recommendations on some good ones.
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Yeah man. Copper Silver tricks are some of the simplest and best out there. Very convincing tricks you can do with them. It's the only gaff I ever use. I've heard Tango's Ultimate Coin is pretty nice also.
Looking for a coin?
A coin holder or accessory?
THE COIN MAGICIAN'S RESOURCE:
The Magician's Coin
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Using gaffed coins, if you are new, Copper Silver Brass is terrific. Check out Doc Eason doing it. Many others have done it as well. Simple to do, but very powerful. For beauty, I think Coin One is one of my favorites.
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
Coin One looks Great is it similar to the Coin Man Walking DVD.Doc Eason doing it
where can I find this on youtube.Thanks for the information everyone.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8855 Posts

Profile of funsway
NAturally, you should have some practiced gaffless effects in you quiver as well, but a CS would be a great addition to what you have, and a T.U.C. if you can afford it. I have written two new eBooks focused on its use and thrid undr construction. Its versatility and unique features allow effects not possible with other methods like 3Fly type effect in which the hands never touch.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
I have found for me the best way to do coins across is with Johnny Wong
Super Triple Coins,Its very easy compared to a shell.Paul Harris does
PDQ Coins Across which is very good, hands never touch and its Gaffless.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
8855 Posts

Profile of funsway
I believe the PDQ requires a table or the spectator's hands. By "hands never touch" I mean "in the hands, palms up and shown empty between each transportation, and your wrists could be tied to the ends of a 14" wand."
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
PDQ you do need a table.Are you using and extra coin with with each transportation.Could you send me a video of this.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
8855 Posts

Profile of funsway
No extra coins. I do three versions. One uses a T.U.C., one an Expanded shell, and one with only three normal coins, plus other effects using combinations of the above. The no-gaff version can also be done with balls, stones, nuts, whatever. If by 'video' you mean a detailed showing of every move -- no, and there never will be. A "step Video" of the T.U.C. version is available showing the sequence of moves and slights. Some videos of specific phases will be available soon -- but then the price will go up.

Learning such "hands-off, open hand" methods is not learned from watching videos, but from a commitment to learn and practice a dozen unique Moves and Sleights independently that then combine for effects like 3Fly, Coins Across, Invisible Transportations, etc.

any more detailed discussion is not appropriate for this forum. I might post more in Secret Sessions.

PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
Thank you for the advice on Coins Across. You are right. You have to
commit to practicing.Have a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL