The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Charlotte Pendragon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Did Jonathan have a criminal record before this incident?
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
None that we are aware of.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Charlotte was always a big part of the act, but he was what the audience focused on. It is a tough job to step out of a roll you have played for the better part of your life and just jump right into your opposite. You think differently you move differently you act differently and I am certain she must be pacing the show now and doing a whole lot of things that she never had to do before.

I think the big mistake was to work for magicians with the new show. That is when the negative nellies show up and want to compare and pine for the past and the rumor mill gets going with people who have NO IDEA what is happening. Now they want to mix in personal life with the show and it is just not fair.

I think the worst thing is if Charlotte reads this nonsense speculation. I will offer nothing but words of support for the personal situation and wait till it is resolved.

I think she would have been better with a public show for a group who would not be doing comparison work on her and her act.

I know she is a trooper, and will get through, move forward, and my guess is she will be successful.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
In the clip, he said they'd been working for thirty years. Then I guess I've been watching their work for 30 years. There was always a kind of lyricism to what they did.

It is sad to see their private lives come apart so.

I wish them BOTH luck...and a brighter future.

-Philip
Jay Mahon
View Profile
Special user
983 Posts

Profile of Jay Mahon
I was always more a fan of Charlotte than Jonathan. Not for any sexual or otherwise offensive reasons. She just sparkled. Jonathan always seemed a little awkward on stage.

I think once Charlotte has connected with some top magicians, illusion designers, etc. She will be able to rebrand herself and prosper. She's already got the hardest thing covered...

Experience.

I'd hope some connections too but let's see what's in store for her moving forward. Having had a hip replaced somewhat recently it will be a challenge to do similar things that the Pendragons did before.

I wish her the best and hope her and Don Wayne or Jim Steinmeyer touch base soon to start moving forward in her magic career.

J
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Quote:
On 2009-12-22 11:28, Jay Mahon wrote:
I was always more a fan of Charlotte than Jonathan. Not for any sexual or otherwise offensive reasons. She just sparkled. Jonathan always seemed a little awkward on stage.

I think once Charlotte has connected with some top magicians, illusion designers, etc. She will be able to rebrand herself and prosper. She's already got the hardest thing covered...

Experience.

I'd hope some connections too but let's see what's in store for her moving forward. Having had a hip replaced somewhat recently it will be a challenge to do similar things that the Pendragons did before.

I wish her the best and hope her and Don Wayne or Jim Steinmeyer touch base soon to start moving forward in her magic career.

J

I can't not see Charlotte succeding.

I find her to be more energetic and exciting then Jonathan.
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Quote:

Maybe she could be someway a new "Melinda"? Lady of illusion ;-)
I hope it´s not too late... Not easy to learn a new role.
Jay Mahon
View Profile
Special user
983 Posts

Profile of Jay Mahon
I don't think there is much of a new role for her to learn.
Jonathan never really took the spotlight while they were working together in my mind. Only when he was on stage alone.

Charlotte has access (I assume) to the many illusions they used together. If she does the exact same thing she did with Jonathan but took the spotlight off him as the magicians and put it on herself as assistant and magician I think with some clever blocking, choreography and lighting, she could move the focus on to her self and be a star! if you've ever seen her go through Jonathan in Interlude, you know how easily she can take the stage and captivate!

I think the biggest challenge might be in learning magic that is smaller than illusions. The parlor/stage style magic, the in between stuff. She will also have to adopt a strong speaking role which might prove problematic. All in all, with a little hard work she could make a hell of a go at it!

Charlotte, if you're reading this and facing challenges, I'd love to chat about ways to redesign yourself and your magic. I think you've got all the ingredients for success.

J
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I think an important thought has been touched upon here. Avoid the magicians and magic conventions. The Pendragons made their make by working for real people, not magicians.

I am sure Charlotte has enough stage and performing knowledge to reinvent herself and sell her act. You cannot replace the life lessons learned on the boards.

As an exsample, look at what Ade Duval did after he retired the silk act and had medical problems. He came up with a whole new act that was a smash.

As I said before, I hope both Charlotte and Jonathan both do well as they move on in their lives. I offer my help also if I can help to either or both if needed.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Charlotte is a great lady and has proved she can succeed at anything she attempts, but she’s not just getting an act together, she’s looking at the break-up of a very long marriage and professional relationship, handling debts from that, and creating a new life and self-identity.

So please cut her some slack, after all how many balls can one person keep in the air, no matter how good they are at juggling what life tosses at them???

The Pendragons have had a very rough time professionally and personally over the past few years. Wonderful originals and true lovers of magic as an art, but hit with bad juju all around.

I agree, once you open yourself up to the greater magic community, especially in these days of the internet, you’re going to get slammed as well as praised. They used to say “paper stands still for anyone to write on” well, it appears doubly true that “a keyboard stands still for everyone to type on”.

I offer Charlotte my support and kudos for her courage, creativity, and tenacity, and frankly would like to see this Magic Café thread vanish for a few years, until things have quieted down and evened out and we see the happy endings.

The Pendragons are the stuff of magic legend, now separately as Charlotte and Jonathan they will keep on keeping on to reinvent those legends, I have no doubt.

Please also remember that the Magic Café posts are public and can/will be googled, what we write here may be seen by potential agents, bookers, and clients, so be kind and fair as what we write and who we are is judged as well.

There are many who care, and many of those who care come from rich theatre backgrounds as well, and I am sure will give advice and assistance when and if requested. Let’s extend the peace and good (magical) will of the holiday season to Charlotte.

My two-cents,
Walt
Char Pendragon
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Char Pendragon
LOL! Most of you need to get a life.... I must say I do admire all the attention, both good and bad! Smile Happy Mithras..I hope you are all worshipping the right God!
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
Hey, I'm rootin' for ya.

-Philip
Char Pendragon
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Are you rooting in Australian? Just curious... Smile
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Well said Walt and Charlotte. I do have a life. I am done with this thread.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Char Pendragon
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Richard, I suggested "some" of them get a life...you of course are one that has a life... Thanks for the encouragement.
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
There is not much I can add to what Walt has already said. I was fortunate enough to be able to see Charlotte's solo act shortly after the incident and she was, in a word, fantastic! I mean think about it.. Charlotte was able to pull herself together, assemble a cast, alter the entire show AND fulfill dates in which The Pendragons were already commited while at the same time dealing with stresses in her life that, with all due respect, NONE of us could probably handle. Charlotte is a survivor, an artist and a true professional!

Her solo act has a very entertaining 'feel' about it; offering dance, music, comedy, sex appeal, mind reading, parlour magic and grand illusions! A show of just ONE of those aspects would be terrific but she peppers her show with ALL of them and does a fantastic job at it! Her show really does have something for everyone! Charlotte is relaxed on stage-chatty & casual warming the hearts of her audience and making them feel like she is performing 'for' them and not 'at' them. Her show is nicely structured and themed, balancing the smaller magic and dance with the larger illusions and audience participation. Charlotte has selected a cast that is professional and extremely talented as well! In my opinion the show was 'THE' perfect magic show; taking her audience into a fantasy world and gently dropping them off at the theatre door when the curtain closed.

I overhead several lay people discussing the show afterwards saying how much they enjoyed seeing a beautiful female magician and how much they enjoyed her show! Some compared her to Copperfield, saying her magic had more grace and emotional impact than a male magician, and I thought to myself, "you know, they are absolutely correct!" I would not hesitate to see Charlotte's solo act in the future. It is one Hell of a show on EVERY level!! I am not the type to praise a performance if I was not genuinely entertained. If I don't like something, I try to keep my mouth shut, but after reading some of the comments, I had to speak up. I don't know what show some of you saw, but Charlotte Pendragon KILLED the night I was in the audience and I would not change a thing about her show! She offers bang for the buck and she delivers!

Just my opinion. Thought I'd share my enthusiasm for a fantastic magic show.

Happy thoughts,
Paul Pacific
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
LOL, I do not believe that is the "real" Char, if so which of your relatives just had a B-day, just give the first intial of the first name.
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
Nope. Not in Australia. U.S.

And honored to have been spoken to directly.

Go get 'em.

-Philip
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
It takes time for any new act to be broken in, double the time and effort involved when you're dealing with traumatic personal events. I can't believe how quickly she has managed to pull this all together. A few restless nights along the way I'm sure. It must have been daunting. I have no doubt she will emerge victorious in whatever she chooses to do. There's no denying she looks and moves great on stage, very entertaining and mesmerizing to an audience. Magic needs more talented female performers. I would just like to get my hands on whatever elixir she's taking to keep looking and acting so young and vibrant. She doesn't appear any differently than when I first saw her live show in Vegas 20+ years ago. Well, actually I think she has changed, she looks even more vibrant now. I wish her all the best and hope to see her on a Vegas stage again before long.

Bill
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Charlotte is a class act, great magician and beautiful lady!
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Charlotte Pendragon (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL