The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Daytona Magic's coin sets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
395 Posts

Profile of konjurer
Who makes Daytona Magic's coin sets? My local magic shop only stocks Daytona coin sets. I've asked him if he can get me a C/S/B set but I guess, Daytona is my only choice (I have a gift certificate from my local magic shop). How is the quality of their coin sets?
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
http://www.daytonamagic.com/products/COP......ION.html

I believe this is the set. Unfortunately, I do not know how good or bad it is.
Looking for a coin?
A coin holder or accessory?
THE COIN MAGICIAN'S RESOURCE:
The Magician's Coin
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
762 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
By the looks of it I think its not very good. Just my idea.
Close up coin magic.

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
486 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Daytona gets their coins from Sasco. They put the Daytona label on it but it is Sasco. Sasco quality is ok but not as good as Tango or Jonhson. If you want a CSB get Johnson.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
395 Posts

Profile of konjurer
Thanks for the clarification on the manufacturer. They don't even put a Daytona label on them. All of the coin sets I've seen have a generic packaging insert with a sticker that tells you what the effect is - no manufacturuer information.

I did buy a couple Tango coins this month but I can't buy a Tango or Johnson because I need to use up a gift certificate from my local brick and mortar shop. Whatever my local shop sells is all that I can get at the moment.
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
486 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Support your local magic shop. They are dropping like flies. Internet is putting them out of business. Nothing like going to a magic shop and hanging out with other Magicians and learning new magic. We have only 1 Magic Shop in Tampa and I hang out there every Saturday. Lots of Magicians come in and share their stuff.

Hope you find something good from yours.

Cheers

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
762 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
This is so Sad but true. I have friend in peobody mass that owns Dimonds magic shop and he's lucky enough to have a large internet store as well as his shop. But most small shops are doing just as you say DROPPING LIKE FLIES. And this economy don't help at all. Best of luck with the shop TC. Say hi to the guys for me. Hopefully I will get down your way after the holidays. Cheers Pal.
Close up coin magic.

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
WheatstoneHolmes
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of WheatstoneHolmes
Daytona Magic is a brick and mortar shop, I went there when I was working at a local motorcycle shop, nice shop.

I have the S/C transpo and it looks great.
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Quote:
On 2009-12-21 17:51, TC Ryder wrote:
Support your local magic shop. They are dropping like flies. Internet is putting them out of business. Nothing like going to a magic shop and hanging out with other Magicians and learning new magic. We have only 1 Magic Shop in Tampa and I hang out there every Saturday. Lots of Magicians come in and share their stuff.

Hope you find something good from yours.

Cheers

TC

I agree with TC on this. I have bought most of my magic stuff from the only magic shop I know of in Arizona. I don't hang out there because I've never seen anyone around. I'm afraid for his shop. I wish there was an easier way to support the little guys, but only the loyal customers save them.

Anyway, I would support your local magic shop as much as possible. If he doesn't or can't get what you want, then look online. I wonder why they can't order in Johnson C/S/B?
Looking for a coin?
A coin holder or accessory?
THE COIN MAGICIAN'S RESOURCE:
The Magician's Coin
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2009-12-21 17:00, TC Ryder wrote:
Daytona gets their coins from Sasco. They put the Daytona label on it but it is Sasco. Sasco quality is ok but not as good as Tango or Jonhson. If you want a CSB get Johnson.

TC
I beg to differ. They make their own coins on Connie Hayden's old equipment that they procured years ago. Connie Hayden was one of the first to make gaffed coins way back in the day.

I have a Gin & Tonic coin set from Daytona Magic (their brand) and it is of good quality. When the gaff is nested you can't tell the difference between the gaff and the real two pence because the tolerance is tight...

Cardamagically,
Dom Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Daytona Magic's coin sets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL