The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Vernon Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
I was wondering if anyone has experience performing Vernon's Tale of the Treasury Worm, color changing silk routine using the d** t***, the routine with coins and a silk he taught Fred Kaps (Silk and Silver), or the expansion of texture expanded routine from the Dai Vernon Book of Magic? I was thinking of branching out and trying to weave some of these into a routine...any hints or advice based on experience?

These read like they are beautiful effects yet I never see them discussed.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1622 Posts

Profile of JNeal
The color changing silk routine is not as well constructed as Billy Mc comb's handling as far as providing a entertaining experience. More magic happens in Billy's routine.

That said, the Vernon routine is extremely deceptive when well learned and practiced. Earl Nelson used to (and probably still does) a beautiful job with this and the steal of the aforementioned g*****k is undetectable. The last 'clean up move in the Vernon handling is easily adapted to any other routine and is definitely a fooler. Surprisingly, few performers use it.

The Expansion of Texture is also some fine magic, tho' more of a coin trick than silk magic...hence the lack of discussion in this area of the fora.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
I agree JNeal on your last comment; I figured as much when nobody posted anything in reply for a week! I appreciate your insights as well.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I really like the Silk and Silver routine, but like Expansion of Texture, it's more of a coin routine. I know several people have put out their spin on it, Cellini for one.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Vernon Effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL