The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Moons of Jupiter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of Mark F
I had some time to play around with a few Tenyos last night and I got into Moons of Jupiter - it takes some thinking to do the trick right. Has anyone ever performed this for someone? Just playing around with it struck me as really beautiful to watch even for the performer. The device is very simple and has been used many times on poker chip styled routines but the bigger size of the Tenyo trick and the fact that the transformation takes place in a case adds to the mystery. I'm wondering what kind of reaction it gets.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of xl18
I have mostly done this trick for kids. After the first change they immediately think it is red on one side and yellow on the other. I will keep doing that change a couple of times to reinforce that idea before finally confusing them by showing them both sides are red. The flash change at the end is also nice.
The downside is that they want to examine it which of course can't be done.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2832 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
Has anyone ever performed this for someone?

For the record: I'm a complete Tenyo addict but I always find it funny that this quetion is asked so many times about Tenyo items...are they really destined to rest in cabinets and showcase??

BTW, neither did I ever performed the Moons of Jupiter...
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
guerrestellari
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of guerrestellari
Nice trick,

But I didn't practice enough to remember the sequence by heart.. Smile
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Here you can see a video demo of Tenyo The Moons of Jupiter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC1oEi_Lx34

I think the best part of the trick is the end of it...I made a draw in the green chip to make it more contrasting with the blue one.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
Super ! Thank you for this another great video of Rare Tenyo tricks !
I put hit on my blog : http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.com/
:)
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Thank you stereo...GREAT Tenyo site!!!: this is what every Tenyo collector was waiting for.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
I like very much the tenyo Moons of jupiter, I think is one of the understimated tenyo tricks. The quality and finish of the trick is very good and the effect very clever.I recommend it to everybody.
Magic patagonia please make a video of Ribbon forever ! Not easy I know but necessary for your collection of old tenyo videos.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
For my blog I am for the final stage there which is to add the written descriptions of tricks. I would have wanted to put my personal appreciations but regrettably I am not rather good in English to make it then for the moment my opinion is only in the French version whereas description in English are just the inquiries of tenyo.
When it will be ended I would make a New Post on the site to know your opinions to improve notation or other things.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
654 Posts

Profile of oombob
Great demo.... and a fine addition to Stereo's ultimate 3D Tenyo wonderland themepark and website!

Great work stereo!
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
Lol Smile
superpixel
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
131 Posts

Profile of superpixel
Great site, Stereo! Wish I had known you existed last time I was in Paris, I'd love to see that collection in person. We should talk, I'm prepping a 30-minute act using nothing but Tenyo.

On Moons of Jupiter, it seems like several Tenyo effects need a little extra to make them truly magical, but a lot depends upon the context.
-- superpixel = Victor --
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-06-14 17:30, stereo wrote:
I like very much the tenyo Moons of jupiter, I think is one of the understimated tenyo tricks. The quality and finish of the trick is very good and the effect very clever.I recommend it to everybody.
Magic patagonia please make a video of Ribbon forever ! Not easy I know but necessary for your collection of old tenyo videos.

Ribbon forever is in my pending list...it will come soon...in the meantime I uploaded this Tenyo Bare Bones Demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xBYcMQ-n9o
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
Yes !! I don't have this one in my collection but know I want it !!!
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-06-14 17:30, stereo wrote:

Ribbon Forever video is uploaded...it took me half a day...2 meters of ribbon...a trip to the shopping to buy more ribbon...and a big headache...finally this came out...I changed the handling proposed by Tenyo in order to achieve the ultra close up that I like:

http://www.youtube.com/user/cormatches
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
Thank you, Your video is fabulous and very very successful.
Even if you took many time to do it, the result is perfect and this video becomes the reference for this rare effect. Bravo et encore merci pour tout.
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of Mark F
A great performance of a great trick. I just listed on on the big auction site too.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-07-24 16:33, stereo wrote:
Thank you, Your video is fabulous and very very successful.
Even if you took many time to do it, the result is perfect and this video becomes the reference for this rare effect. Bravo et encore merci pour tout.

Thanks for the feedback stereo!!! It was hard...but I'm happy with the result.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-07-25 10:16, Mark F wrote:
A great performance of a great trick. I just listed on on the big auction site too.

Thank you Mark F...the video demo moved to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6IHiW7UfpU

also you can see it in the great Tenyo site from Stereo.
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of Mark F
It really is an underrated Tenyo trick and one of thier earliest good mechanical tricks. So simple yet very decieving.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Moons of Jupiter (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL