The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfield Laser Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
Is this effect available? I have seen videos on youtube of people who made there own versions . What is the marketed name of the effect if it is available. Without the laser of course. Just the self sawing portion of it.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
It is not available. David Copperfield bought the sole exclusive rights to it. The people who are doing it on youtube are doing versions that they created themselves.
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Do a search here and you will find out: No, it´s not available. The versions you did see are unauthorized rip-offs. David has the rights alone.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Here we go again...LOL

Yeah, do a search. It's been beaten to death.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Where's the horse?!!?
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Quote:
On 2009-12-22 13:35, Banester wrote:
Where's the horse?!!?

I don't get it... lol

PS. Copperfield's the man.
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
Quote:
On 2009-12-22 14:56, Maloney wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-12-22 13:35, Banester wrote:
Where's the horse?!!?

I don't get it... lol

PS. Copperfield's the man.

I don't think he is refering to David , he is talking about beating the dead horse that is me asking about the illusion. Since it has probably been ask about a thousand times. I did do a search by the way and did not find the answer I was looking for. However research off the Café I did find out it is a creation by Fearson and sold to David. Thank you guys that actually did answer my question.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
And another thought... what is wrong with so many people on this Café . Why not take a moment to help each other a little more , that is what this place is supposed to be for right? It takes just as long to answer a question as it does to make smart *** comments and promote the search engine on here that works 30% of the time. I just don't see why a topic can't come up multiple times by multiple people. If you are not going to try to help someone with a question why say anything at all.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Read the first two posts bro.

IT IS NOT AVAILABLE.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
I did read them ...Bro. I just don't see the need for all the other comments after that especially they were not intended to help anything. It is not just this topic it is in every room of this Café. I just think it is pointless and not helpful to anyone.
I now know it is NOT available I said I found out , off the Café it was sold to Copperfield. case closed...Bro
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Maloney I was referring to beating an old horse because this topic about the laser illusion comes up every couple of months and then an arguement develops with allegations how Copperfield stole the illusion.
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
ebinary
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of ebinary
Maybe its the fact that you need to wait about 2 minutes between every search ;-) I hope that changes sometime (i've already PMed management).
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
People don't mind helping if you take a moment to do a little research. A 5 sec search on this page would have answered everything you would probably ever want to know about the laser illusion (except for how to do it). If after that you had questions I am sure people would be more inclined to help you, there are numerous people that offer a great deal of information here.

As far as people's comments on this post, I would think that is the very reason. People are constantly asking about the big name or well know illusions. It less than 10 sec, the search engine here developed 13 pages of forum topics here on the Café. It sort of comes across like the kids asking "are we there yet?".

So here is a brief synopsis. Fearson sold the illusion to Copperfield for an undisclosed amount with all rights going to Copperfield. They include building and performing the illusion and Greg agreed to the arrangement. As time went on friends of Greg and Greg felt it wasn't such a good deal and there were other personal issue's involved; however, Greg stood by his arrangement in good faith (very respectable). Hope that answers most of your questions, if not feel free to PM me.

Hope you do not get discouraged and post more on the Café.
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Who is Greg? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
LOL, my apologies....Steve (not Greg). Thanks Laszlo!
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
Edgar Alstad
View Profile
New user
Levanger, Norway
95 Posts

Profile of Edgar Alstad
I've just got to ask.

I've read many post on the café about how hard it is to protect own ideas and avoiding rip-offs. And the answer is usually, that you can't actually protect it. So how come DC have the rights to this illusion. Is it a part of a gentlemans agreement, or does he actually have some sort of copiright to it?
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
It was a lifetime contractual agreement beetween him and mr. Fearson. Says the legends that the involved sum was up to 500k dollars.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
HOLY CRAP!! I'd sell too!

Ebinary: I also hate the wating period between searches. I normally just close out the page and retype it so I don't have to wait.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

To pay $500K and feature it only a few times beats me.

It's an awesome Illusion. He should bring it back.

My two cents.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Quote:
On 2009-12-23 12:21, Fábio DeRose wrote:
It was a lifetime contractual agreement beetween him and mr. Fearson. Says the legends that the involved sum was up to 500k dollars.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe the figure was nearly that much!

Jack
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfield Laser Illusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL