The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfield Laser Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Quote:
On 2009-12-23 19:42, Jack Murray wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-12-23 12:21, Fábio DeRose wrote:
It was a lifetime contractual agreement beetween him and mr. Fearson. Says the legends that the involved sum was up to 500k dollars.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe the figure was nearly that much!

Jack

Jack,

You are right. Not even close the half of that. I don't get it why people gossip.

I heard Steve got the 500K and an Island beside Davids Island just to keep the good friendship. They have their own tunnel between the two islands under the ocean where Steves Rolls goes back and fort. When the weather is good Steve use his Lear Jet what he got from David as a bonus over the 500K. Smile

Best,

Las
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I'd like to emphasise the "...Says the legends that..." part of my previous post.

that's what I have most often heard, but I'm pretty sure there are no more than 2 or 3 people that know exactly what was the paid value. David and Steve included.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Not being an illusion designer or builder would you guys say it's better to sell one for a large pay out or to market them yourself. I wonder how much Mr. Steinmeyer has made off of Origami royalties, and if he would have made more to sell the illusion and all rights to Mr. Copperfield. On a side note, they showed the David Copperfield special where he did the laser illusion here in Iraq the other day on AFN (armed forces network)!!
chris young
View Profile
New user
Greatstone, Kent, England
12 Posts

Profile of chris young
I think it's a shame that he does this because this sort of illusion for other performers to use would bring more people back to the shows in small theatre and not just in Las Vegas and big threatre productions. Keep magic alive until mask man mess's it up again.
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Good question Mr. Anderson. Let's just say he received 500k for arguements sake. If he sold to the open market at 10k each he would have to sell 50 to meet what he would have received from David, or more reasonable maybe around 3k so he would have to sell 167. I think part of the problem with selling more of the items at a lower price is that people begin to copy your product.
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Quote:
On 2009-12-24 16:20, chris young wrote:
I think it's a shame that he does this because this sort of illusion for other performers to use would bring more people back to the shows in small theatre and not just in Las Vegas and big threatre productions. Keep magic alive until mask man mess's it up again.

Unfortunately it's all over youtube exposed by kids.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
And they did a wonderful job of ruining the illusion! I know Youtube will block copywrited music tracks in posted videos, too bad there is not a way to get them to block pirated magic routines.
James FX
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
178 Posts

Profile of James FX
W_s_anderson has a good point here; why can't pirated routines be blocked from Youtube like music is? Can magic performance rights be protected? I doubt it, otherwise DC would have already tried to block his effects from being pirated on Youtube.
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
992 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Quote:
On 2010-01-01 13:07, James FX wrote:
W_s_anderson has a good point here; why can't pirated routines be blocked from Youtube like music is? Can magic performance rights be protected? I doubt it, otherwise DC would have already tried to block his effects from being pirated on Youtube.

Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
No one pays 500K for the rights of anything in the world of magic. You're way off base here. Even with exclusive rights .. there is not that much money to be had. Most of the well know illusions have a 1500 to 2500 fee added to the prop for the performance rights. That's it .. no on is getting rich off this. It does help keep things fair to those who are professionals and respect others work.

It's a pretty simple concept ...

Steve
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Well said Steve.

By the way I've heard that Fearson didn't get this much at all for it. It was really not a lot.

Oliver.
magictvlv1
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of magictvlv1
At first I thought this was about the laser illusion from the 1980s where he hung the actredss who played Daisy Duke upside down in a box and Lasered her into about six pieces... I would like to see that again
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Go to http://www.youtube.com and you'll find the video of this illusion.

Copperfield has used three times a laser to cut someone in pieces :

- Laser (himself)
- Cut in sixth (an actress)
- Goldfinger (himself with vanish at the end)

Oliver.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Quote:
On 2010-01-02 11:20, magictvlv1 wrote:
At first I thought this was about the laser illusion from the 1980s where he hung the actredss who played Daisy Duke upside down in a box and Lasered her into about six pieces... I would like to see that again

It only works on a certain stage. Not practical for tours.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
magictvlv1
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of magictvlv1
In the 20s and 30s the stage wouldn't matter. Kellar and Thurston wouldn't have hesitated to tour with it... If lasers had been invented at that time.... the golden age of magic is truly over.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Suuuuure.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfield Laser Illusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL