The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Needle through hand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Hi guys,
Any advice would be grateful. I know I have to use an acupuncturist type needle. But can anyone advise on the actual dangers of this with regard to worst case scenario?
Many thanks.
bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Nerve and blood-vessel damage.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Nasty infections, etc.

It's not the first thing to do, if you want to start doing stunt work.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Hypnosis is much safer. I'd stick with it than try that stunt any day.
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
The first question is, "why do you want to do this act?"

I'd refer you here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=23&16
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
An accupuncture needle is way too thin and very short. A hat pin or a custom made high carbon stainless skewer should be used. You should seek a qualified metalworker or blacksmith for that.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Can`t think of a good smithy right now !
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Thankyou for the warninge with regard to the dangers. But now has anyone got any really good advice on how to achieve this? First of all greatnippulini I have been told that an accupnuncture needle is the only one this should be tried with.
Infections should easily be taken care with, with care. But nerve damage was my main concern.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
MagiciennesUnlimited
View Profile
Regular user
of the phrase 'Bite Me'.
197 Posts

Profile of MagiciennesUnlimited
What Dan fails to mention in his dvd, is that an acupuncture needle can bend when inserted through the hand. Nerve damage is a very real danger. This is why professional, experienced impalers use heavy gauges. You need to know EXACTLY what you're doing...and where you're going.

Learn from a pro sideshow impaler face to face, and forget the acupuncture needles. :>

Haus is not an impaler. He's a magician on a dvd.
Sia Synn
www.siasynn.com

"Pain solves everything" -Russ Fox's T-Shirt
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2009-12-26 14:44, bobser wrote:
...now has anyone got any really good advice on how to achieve this?

Yeah, learn from someone face to face. This is not something that should be "learned" from a DVD or written instructions no matter who it is doing the teaching. The guy on the DVD could be the greatest impaler in history, but face to face is the only way to learn this stunt. You will have questions along the way that cannot be answered with a DVD or by asking on a forum. Do not try this without personal instruction first. Smile
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Any good teacher, will also have questions for you, as you learn the process. Not "you" generically. You specifically.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Quote:
On 2009-12-26 14:44, bobser wrote:
First of all greatnippulini I have been told that an accupnuncture needle is the only one this should be tried with.
Infections should easily be taken care with, with care. But nerve damage was my main concern.

I don't know who told you this. I say these needles are bad for many reasons. First off, I have been working with needles since 1993 so I know what I am saying. Second, accupuncture needles run in the 20 to 30 gauge range and are less than 2-1/2" long. So, if the needle doesn't bend and wobble from the excess pressure of trying to push a tapered tip deep into your hand it still won't go all the way through because the length is too short. So not only will the effect fail, but if you succeed the effect is so small only close up work will allow people to see it. Use a longer proper pin and even the cheap seats will see it. Accupunture needles have NO bearing on infection or nerve damage, I have no idea why you referenced it.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Info is most likely coming from this dvd

http://www.papercranemagic.com/throughandthrough.htm

It was discussed on here a while back and pretty sure all the same problems and dangers were pointed out before.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Have seen this first hand and consider the whole thing completly irresponsible to say the least.
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Agreed
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I know one person who's doing it. His presentation is brilliant, and could not be copied. He's also highly expert at body stunts.

It's still dangerous.

www.bladewalker.com
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Is he doing it per the DVD instructions?
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
You mean you don't use a hammer?
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Bobser, I thought you were a hypnotist. Why in the world would you want to incorporate this dangerous stunt in you act. I am a sword swallower, block head, fire eater, juggler and now becoming a hypnotist because my body is starting to give out. I don't know how old you are and would be better at giving advice if we all knew your age. Don't be ashamed. We have all ages here.

But seriously what is your motivation to learn this stunt?
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Quote:
On 2009-12-28 20:23, Stephon wrote:
Is he doing it per the DVD instructions?

I would use the term "DVD instructions" loosely. I've seen it and am not thoroughly impressed with his instructions. I have no experience with any of Dan's previous material but am not that thrilled that he went an extremely irresponsible route and released this dvd. I've read info stating that he did it for educational and informational purposes, but if that was the case wouldn't it be free? Making money off the sale of this material just doesn't seem right at least in the available to the general public way that he is doing it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Needle through hand (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL