The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Blue ray player question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I picked up a blue ray (DVD basically) player for the evil wife. She has a big flat screen TV and I have the HDMI or whatever it is called cables. The diagrams I have found suck and don't make it clear if I hook the satellite box/dvr to the blue ray and then the blue ray into the TV or do I just hook up the blue ray via the cable independent of the dvr? It should be noted the DVR does not seem to have a connection for the HDMI cable while the blue ray does. Thank you for your help.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
No one knows anything about these dang things? I thought I was the only technologically crippled person left.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Your TV will have HDMI inputs into it. Use a HDMI directly from the Blue Ray, to the TV. Forget going through anything else.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Thank you, that is what I'll do. You, sir, are a stud.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Too access it then you have to hit the menu button on the TV, and it will show you the HDMI ports, the one you use will probably light up, or in some way be indicated and that is where you find the blue ray dealio.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
That's it....I'm adopting a child and naming it Danny Doyle.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It occurs to me we could have done this through PM LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I can adopt over PM now? Ya gotta love high technology!
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
I always thought these guys were both the same person.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
They Are!! Smile
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
James FX
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
178 Posts

Profile of James FX
LOL!!!!!!
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Get it working??
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I plugged it in and my wife says "I want to watch Columbo on it", I then informed her we didn't have a Columbo DVD and she got mad and I went to sleep. It is hooked up and lights came on, I'll try it tonight after work.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
NO Santa, you're not the only electronically challenged one around here! If it weren't for having kids in their 20's my VRC would still be flashing 12:00, my phone would be rotary with a cord and I'd still be scouring swap meets for 8 Tracks!
Drake
View Profile
New user
I feel bad having only
59 Posts

Profile of Drake
Don't feel back Mickey, I am in my mid 20's and my stepdaughter blows me away with the whole t9 texting. I can do it just not nearly as fast as her. Kind of scary how we seem to be becoming more and more disconnected to real conversation

(Present fourm excepted of course)
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My vcr sais the time is _ _:_ _.

I still don't know if the dvd player works since I'm banned from the bedroom again. All I did was ask if there were any non-fem English psychics on the crap she watches on TV.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I was with my wifes family on Christmas and I've never seen so many IPhones in my life! ALL the under 30's run their lives through em and my bro in laws are Dr's, Pilots and IT guys so it all makes sense to them as well! I bought a "Smart Phone" a week ago but it's wayyyyyyyy smarter than I!

I've noticed that the younger generation is more Text dependent than I'll ever be.... when I call someone under 30 and leave a message for them to call I get a text back asking what I want! I now have a template in my phone that responds "I want you to ANSWER THE FRIKKIN PHONE"!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-12-26 04:48, Futureal wrote:
I always thought these guys were both the same person.

Naw, I wear horn rimmed glasses.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My glasses are hornless....

I don't even know what a smart phone is.
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I don't know where to post this, so I will start here. I am wondering if Blue Ray is replacing Dvds? All the major Dealers are giving away DVD's like crazy, especially HP and LL. I am thinking it is time to dump them myself, as blue ray is taking over. Just like those old enough remember, they gave away VHS's when DVD's made the scene.

Any inside info on this?

ACE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Blue ray player question (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL