The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Showdown Wallet (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..21~22~23 [Next]
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2010-05-03 12:59, Tim Hannig wrote:
It's getting close.

I can feel it.

If you're wrong, what do you do with you ?
Execution by burning ? loooooooool
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Quote:
On 2010-04-29 18:00, Roth wrote:
I hear you and I understand. The first shipment will be here within 4 days followed by another shipment.

we are past the 4 day mark. Roth are you shipping them ?
This is my 17th year on being a member of the cafe.
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Has another deadline been missed? At least it has given me something to look forward to for the past several months.Has the ash from the volcano held up shipment?
This is my 17th year on being a member of the cafe.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Maybe, they're lost and we'll have to wait for new ones to be manufactured.
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
396 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
I'm starting to wonder if we are ever going to get our wallets..
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Good thing I'm not impatient over this effing $100 magic wallet. I got a mortgage and feeding the kids to worry about, bloody hell. I guess I'm not that lucky.
I highly suggest you take an extended vacation after this blows by so you can recharge, regroup and create more awesome props in the future for us "grateful" fans.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of lunatik
The sentiments are a recurring theme when it comes to Roth not keeping everyone informed and BIG delays in getting the actual product to his customers. Roth is a great guy with awesome products, but maybe if he takes my advice from my post above, it would alleviate a lot of stress for him and his customers. Maybe Someone else has an alternative idea?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
The Showdown wallet has been the unfortunate victim of unexpected delays and I'm not sure the disclaimer idea would alleviate that kind of stress. It certainly wouldn't alleviate stress on Rick because, at the end of the day, he wants to get his product to the market as soon as possible and the delays would be just as infuriating whether a disclaimer was in place or not! Smile

As to "customer stress" in general, people experience it at different levels, from indifference through mild annoyance to vitriolic rage.

Myself, I can wait till next year if I have to (crosses fingers just in case...) because, as privately impatient and excited as I am to get my hands on the Showdown, my not having it is not preventing me thinking of ways I can adapt current routines to use it, nor preventing me from performing magic in general.

Between them, I think Rick and Ran Pink have kept us reasonably informed of developments, and I have always had prompt replies to pm's. Could they have posted more often in this thread? Close call, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

You can't help but compare situations when you see things like Docc Hillford's Serpent wallet and Mark Elsdon's 'On The Mark' routine suddenly appear and get to the market while we're still waiting for our Showdowns, but then neither are as tricked-out and complex as the Showdown really is, and I look forward to being pleasantly surprised when I get to open that package.

If I sound like an Outlaw apologist, then it's because - like many others - I have had good service and great products in the past, and I have faith that when we finally get our Showdowns, we'll all breath a collective sigh of relief that the wait (as uncomfortable and unwelcome as it was) was worth it.

I think we just have to wait this one out, guys. After all, it's the last wallet Outlaw effects are releasing. Better to go out on a bang than a whimper.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Are you suggesting that you are aware of a further delay of which we have not yet been informed? Agree, that the product has always been worth the wait, but knowing the quality of the product just makes the period of expectancy more frustrating.
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
You mean the comment about waiting a year? No - nothing like that. I was just saying that I am happy to wait longer still if need be (though crossing my fingers that it wouldn't actually be that long).

Sorry for the confusion. Smile
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
June is good, I like this month.
<BR>
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Guess I sold my original outlaw peek wallet prematurely.
TonyPorter
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of TonyPorter
Quote:
On 2010-05-05 19:01, aligator wrote:
Guess I sold my original outlaw peek wallet prematurely.

'Peeked' too early!

:)
Bobby T
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Bobby T
It looks like the Outlaw website says that they will be in stock on May 7th and available for shipment. (look in the order box)
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Great. Really looking forward to receiving this.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Me too! Thank Bobby T... Smile
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Smile Smile Smile

Soooooo...the latest it seems is that the Showdowm has gone from arriving and shipping for pre orders from May 3rd, postponed to the 7th May, and now from Outlaws website the date has been changed to May 10th!

Informed delays are acceptable. Not brilliant, just acceptable. But empty timescales and promises just don't cut it really.
Thaumaturge
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
<BR>
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18576 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2010-05-06 15:29, parmenion wrote:

any particular year?
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Methinks they will ship sooner than that. Parmenion is too pessimistic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Showdown Wallet (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL