The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Showdown Wallet (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..21~22~23 [Next]
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Nice wallet, I couldn't ask for anymore features.Waiting is expected for a pre-order.I am glad I waited.
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
Glenn! Does that mean you've got yours?! If so, that must mean they've been shipped?
Any news Rick?
Thaumaturge
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
394 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
I don't think he has got his yet since there has been no shipping confirmations etc...
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
No I have seen the pictures.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Any update on the shipping date for the pre-orders?
tandy
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of tandy
We need an update. we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
On March 21st Ran Pink said that the wallets would be another "2 - 3 weeks". Two weeks takes us up to the 4th April, 3 weeks takes us to the 11th.

Add tp that the time it takes to ship, and I wouldn't expect anything much before the end of April. Anything earlier would be a nice surprise though. Smile
Grant Mitchell
View Profile
New user
Edinburgh, Scotland
22 Posts

Profile of Grant Mitchell
Was on email to Rick yesterday thanking him for some more quality products, and he was hinting that the wallet is still another couple of weeks away... but will blow my mind.

I absolutely believe him, and am already preparing to wear a tight fitting helmet when I get to finally unwrap the Showdown.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I have two questions maybe they can be answered here please.

The first one is: Do you think we will be able to load the card inside anenvelope in this wallet?

And I have a little pen that I carry with me wherever I go and it sits nicely inside the spine of the wallet in the bill fold. Do you think it will fit here? It's approximately 8cm long. It would break my heart to part from this pen. It's so cute and most importantly very useful for effects where you ask someone to write something etc... as I carry it with me wherever I go and I am always ready to perform.
Yours,

Ivan
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
A direct load would be possible, but for an indirect "load", how about using Bob Kohler's Black Envelope as a Mullica-type insert?

The card can be palmed away and inserted into the slit of the wallet as a holdout. Keeping that side hidden (naturally), open the wallet and produce a BE from one of the billfolds. If you have BE you should be able to see how you could transfer the card from the wallet to the envelope and then handle the BE in a very hands free way.

Due to the nature of the wallet, you could show an identical envelope at the start, out of which you partly remove a face down card. Again, if you own BE you'll know how this could be used as an extra convincer for when you 'remove' the card from the 'same' envelope.

I'm pretty sure the Showdown wallet's dimensions are the same as for the Hideout wallet, and I'm sure those dimensions are mentioned on the Outlaw website. Perhaps these can help answer your question about the pen?
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Great tips thanks.
Yours,

Ivan
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Okay. The iPad arrived before the showdown, so I have something to keep me busy for awhile!

Still excited to get the showdown, though!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Me too but any info would be helpful.

Mike Smile
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
My ipad not in NZ either
Good job I am first on list for showdown!
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Roth:

I need a new wallet like The Showdown, need to replace my old one.
Please give us an update...thanks!
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
This will be worth waiting I'm sure and I'm trying to forget I pre-orderd because this looks wild and can't wait to use it.

Rick - May the force be with you!
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Early june.
According to the G.Q.G the landing is schedule the 6th June in France Smile
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
^^^ Early June cannot be true.... Is it??????
Thaumaturge
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Thaumaturge
That's pretty ridiculous if it is. How can it have gone from Jan/Feb all the way through to June!!!? Something has gone really wrong here with timescales, and promises!
Thaumaturge
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
Guys, guys, guys..... Smile

GQG = Grand Quartier General, the French General Army HQ
"landing on 6th June in France" = the date the Normandy landings began in WWII

By the way, did you know that they've taken the word "gullible" out of the English dictionary - something to do with it not being politically correct... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Showdown Wallet (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL