The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Showdown Wallet (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
The Showdown can't do OTL. Apart from that, you're pretty much covered - and then some. Smile
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Thanks Mark. Use a pad for that anyway!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Has anyone else found that the ID filters on the showdown are not up to the quality of the Magnum or Telethought. The filters on my Showdown are plainly visible from the sides unlike both the Magnum and the Telethought. a bit disappointing as it makes angles a lot more sensitive.

Regards
Sean
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Sean,

I don’t have either the Magnum nor the Telethought, but I will say that I have never found the filter in the Showdown nor Hideout to be as effective as I'd like. The Pantera's filter seems to be a little better however.

Jim
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Jim, What I've found is the filter in magnum and Telethought are just about the same and the information is hidden from all angles but one. With the showdown filter the information is viewable from all angles but one! I can't see any advantage with this style of filter and the peek is no clearer for me, just less deceptive. It's a shame because the showdown really lends itself to a bold open peek.

Sean
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I don’t seem to have the same problems as you; the filters in both my Hideout and Showdown make any information virtually invisible from all angles except looking almost straight down at the peek window, which is as it should be. My problem - and I have seen others post the same thing - is that even when looking straight down at the peek window it can very difficult to read whatever information is "hidden" there, IF the lighting isn't very bright. Lighting conditions play with the filters' visibility something fierce.

But I have never had an issue with info being visible from other angles. Did you remove and replace the filters by any chance?

Thanks!

Jim
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Hey Jim,
I haven't changed anything at this point. I know the issue you are talking about though and it affects all types of these filters. The angle that the light hits the filter can dramatically change how visible the peek is. I can work around that but my problem is that the peek is clearly visible from all angles except from in front. I guess I could work around this too but with the magnum/Telethought filter this is not an issue. I'm actually using a modified SAW now that has had some additions that give more room and an open peek (which I don't use) if needed.

S
PerryCarp
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of PerryCarp
I'm extremely happy with this wallet. On its own, it is just a great quality wallet. For impromptu miracles, it can be devastating. Use it as your everyday wallet so that you are comfortable handling it and don't treat it as a prop. And then, at a moments' inspiration, you are ready to roll.

I keep the index loaded and ready to perform one Looch's effects from "Your thoughts are mine."
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
I'm interested in this wallet. But I have a question.
Can you perform CTW with this wallet?
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
Yes you can. The card will end up in one of the billfold compartments.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2011-12-19 02:58, JCheng wrote:
I'm interested in this wallet. But I have a question.
Can you perform CTW with this wallet?

You can but to be fair the CTW load was actually designed to load billets and is nowhere near as easy to load as most CTW wallets. You might want to have a look at Alakazam's Infinity Wallet or their new F1 Nitro if you want a mentalism wallet that is specifically designed to do CTW. As a mentalism wallet, the Showdown is great but for CTW, not so much.

all the best
Sean
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I agree with Sean. Showdown is not a CTW wallet, but it can be used as one. Actually works very well but doesn’t place the card in an area of the wallet where CTW wallets usually do, so the effect is lessened to a degree. (A large degree IMO).

For pure CTW, Tony Miller and Nathan Kranzo just released a real killer CTW wallet, called The Badger. Two different loads: a LePaul load into a zippered compartment that is super easy, and a load into a Mullica insert (Wallet within a wallet) that also utilizes a zippered compartment.

Showdown is much better suited for switches, peeks, and can also be used very effectively for CTIL effects where you do not load a card during the effect, but have it pre-loaded. (Nemo-type effects, etc). It has a good number of index slots, a deceptive peek window, and a completely duplicated section that is awesome!

Jim
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
Thank you everyone for answering me and for your honest opinions.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Yup, that's right. Some wallets are mainly designed for mentalism, and some are for CTW.

I believe, the great wallets for CTW and mentalism are Infinity Wallet or F1 Nitro. I don't have these two, but I know you can do CTW and mentalism features.

I love F1 Nitro but with my spending for the Christmas, I think I have to stop shopping for a while now.

If you are looking only for CTW routine, there are some good ones. Real Man's Wallet, Hip Pocket Mullica, Super Slim Hip Pocket Mullica, The Badger (this is just released this month), Star Himber Wallet, and don't forget No Palm Wallet by Jerry O'Connell.

These are only some I can remember, I'm sure there are a lot more of them in the market Smile
Magic comes through perception. -HS
F.ambro
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of F.ambro
I just have one questions before I hit the buy now button. Will this work with 16 multiple outs and can the compartment be shown empty after the card is pulled out the same as the killer wallet?

Thanks for your help
actorcoop
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of actorcoop
Quote:
On 2012-01-30 15:31, F.ambro wrote:
I just have one questions before I hit the buy now button. Will this work with 16 multiple outs and can the compartment be shown empty after the card is pulled out the same as the killer wallet?

Thanks for your help

From my experience with the wallet, it holds more than you can even fathom. I believe one of Rick's goals was to design the wallet to complement the idea of performing KK and Heirloom with it...

As for the rest of the question: I forgot who originally said it but the wallet truly does "duplicate itself."

To me, this is a wallet meant to become an instant tool. That is why is does so much. It is one of my favorite purchases- the possibilities are endless!

Cheers,
Cooper
*I knew you were going to read this
freewayh
View Profile
Regular user
Mexico
112 Posts

Profile of freewayh
Does this wallet come with explanations? dvd or routines?. I mean I'm new to mentalism will I be able to use it alot?.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Showdown comes with a manual that explains all the various parts of it. You do not receive a DVD and you do not receive "mentalism instructions". A wallet is a tool, an accessory. This is not one of the one-purpose wallets that comes with a routine. That said there are a few ideas mentioned by Ran Pink, who wrote the manual but nothing you could really perform in an act IMO.

Jim
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
It's a great wallet but I sold mine as I'm not a "die-hard" billet mentalist.... so I needed a little help on the ideas and routining.
A dvd would have been great!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
freewayh
View Profile
Regular user
Mexico
112 Posts

Profile of freewayh
This sounds great but I really think ill have to pass, at least until I know more of mentlaism effects I do need directions and ideas a dvd. And if someone owning this and saw v1.1 w could do a honst comparison I would love to read it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Showdown Wallet (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL