The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Showdown Wallet (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23 [Next]
bole
View Profile
New user
Watching you since
78 Posts

Profile of bole
Welcome to the world of Rick, zentao. Smile The only thing I can say, when Rick finally delivers, you will be a very happy customer again. Everything has it's price. Sometimes it's just not money... Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4754 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-09-23 18:25, zentao wrote:
I ordered a showdown in September 2012 and am still waiting for it. Lots of unfulfilled promises and ignored emails. Not a happy customer.

Strange because Rick seems to be a top-notch guy with great customer service. Be patient- he will make it right! He always has gone above and betond with me.

RNK
zentao
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zentao
I've dealt with Rick in the past, had a few items from outlaw, and as you say the items are all excellent.

Rick is his own worst enemy, he makes promises that he can't keep when simple honesty up front would prevent half the problems.

He has contacted me again about the wallet and ensures me that it is on its way. I'll wait and see.

Apparently he had problems with his supplier for the latest shipment, but had he told me this up front instead of telling me the wallet was on its way he could have saved himself a disatisfied customer.

With regards being patient - I have been. I ordered the wallet over a year ago, and these are the first posts that I have placed in a public forum with a complaint.

I don't for an instant suspect him of foul play, I am sure that he is a great guy. I just think that some lessons in managing customer expectations wouldn't go amiss.

Hopefully my wallet will arrive this time as promised and I'll be able to post something more positive about Rick and Outlaw.
brucewilcox
View Profile
Loyal user
Readers advised to disregard most of my
266 Posts

Profile of brucewilcox
I've found Rick to be awesome and a pleasure to deal with in every way, except in fulfilling orders. I've had several cases of being told that an item would ship the week I enquired, and then a month or more later had to email again, and after a few rounds of that I did eventually receive the item. If that happened once I wouldn't think that much of it, but the same pattern was seen with several different orders. I even had a case where someone posted here on the Café of ordering something long after I did and receiving it well before I did. I've never let things go more than a couple of months without emailing to check on an order, but I have the feeling that if I'd never inquired that I'd have waited much longer.

Every Outlaw Effects item I've purchased has been outstanding, and I'm grateful to Rick for the products and for offering some kind discounts. If he were in my town I'd buy him a beer in a heartbeat and tell him thanks in person. That said, I have had shipping promises not kept, and, like zentao said, "I just think that some lessons in managing customer expectations wouldn't go amiss."
...in the Land of the Free, and the Home of the B'Wave.
brucewilcox
View Profile
Loyal user
Readers advised to disregard most of my
266 Posts

Profile of brucewilcox
I've found Rick to be awesome and a pleasure to deal with in every way, except in fulfilling orders. I've had several cases of being told that an item would ship the week I enquired, and then a month or more later had to email again, and after a few rounds of that I did eventually receive the item. If that happened once I wouldn't think that much of it, but the same pattern was seen with several different orders. I even had a case where someone posted here on the Café of ordering something long after I did and receiving it well before I did. I've never let things go more than a couple of months without emailing to check on an order, but I have the feeling that if I'd never inquired that I'd have waited much longer.

Every Outlaw Effects item I've purchased has been outstanding, and I'm grateful to Rick for the products and for offering some kind discounts. If he were in my town I'd buy him a beer in a heartbeat and tell him thanks in person. That said, I have had shipping promises not kept, and, like zentao said, "I just think that some lessons in managing customer expectations wouldn't go amiss."
...in the Land of the Free, and the Home of the B'Wave.
zentao
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zentao
3 weeks have now passed since Ricks last email promising delivery within a week.

Guess what? No wallet!

I made payment for this on 18 September 2012!
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
599 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 06:24, zentao wrote:
3 weeks have now passed since Ricks last email promising delivery within a week.

Guess what? No wallet!

OMG.. well I also ordered this wallet and it's very nice.

It arrived a month or two after I purchased it.

But, more than a year? Holy Jesus.

Rick, it would be really nice for you to chime in and clarify this delay. Smile

Regards,

Andreu

:firedevil:
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2013-10-14 06:24, zentao wrote:

Guess what? No wallet!

PM me your name and I'll get this sorted. I think I know who you are and emailed you back already. Thanks.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
droubaille
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of droubaille
I also have problem with my order of my showdown wallet.

I ordered the 10 june and rick told me that it will be shipped 4 days laters....but I received nothing
The 10 august he mailed me and says that my package was shipped....but I received nothing...
16 septembre he apologies and says he will ship another one in priority with tracking number.

I still have nothing and of course rick doesn't answer anymore when I ask for the tracking number....
zentao
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zentao
I have now received a tracking number from Rick.

Fingers crossed.
zentao
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zentao
OK. Received my wallet today.

There are no instructions. At all. I knew there wasn't any DVD, but nothing?

Could somebody help me out, this is my first gimmicked wallet so I have no reference point for how to get the most out of this.

Thanks.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
There should be a PDF from Outlaw that gives you an idea of what to do with it.

Email them and ask.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5304 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2013-10-22 10:55, zentao wrote:
OK. Received my wallet today.

There are no instructions. At all. I knew there wasn't any DVD, but nothing?

Could somebody help me out, this is my first gimmicked wallet so I have no reference point for how to get the most out of this.

Thanks.

Yes, there is a very nice 19 page PDF manual written by Rick Roth and Ran Pink. Shows all available features with a number of photos, along with a few routines/ideas by Ran.

Rick emailed it to me the same day I sent the money via PayPal, so I had it to read while the Showdown was on its way. I have two Showdown wallets, btw!! And truth be told, I would love to pick up another Hideout wallet too. Smile

Jim
droubaille
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of droubaille
Finally received mine too,
Like zentao it didn't came with instruction.
But I'm lucky, friend of mine already have the wallet and the pdf.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1502 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Where is Outlaw's email? I ordered and did not get a tracking number or the pdf, and he has not responded to my pm
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
You might have a very long wait.

Time stands still for Outlaw.

But the wallet is very nice- I own one.

I had to wait approximately 6 months to get mine, and that was only after sending them many inquiries.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1502 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Okay, I was given a shipping number. Although the pdf I was sent was only a page long and I don't really understand the workings of the wallets from it, and I tried the online forrum with the password I was given and am still not sure of the workings. Can someone email me the pdf you have ? Mabe that one will amke it more clear
zentao
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zentao
Hi elimagic,

Did you get sorted with the pdf?

PM me if you're still having trouble.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Have you gotten the wallet yet, elimagic?
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1502 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Thanks for making sure I was taken care of. Received everything and when I opened the wallet and played with it for a bit, realized my Stealth assassin was better for my needs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Showdown Wallet (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL