The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Showdown Wallet (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..21~22~23 [Next]
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Well said rklew. I too am sometimes as impatient as everyone else. but the bottom line is geeting it right, not getting it fast. For those who didn't listen to the Magicwire interview, Rick said it would be next month and he gave reasons so go listen. He also suggested that this may be the last Outlaw wallet(at least in current thinking) as it will be the best mentalism wallet on the market. Hope he's right and I imagine he is.
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
People should find a spare hour and a half to listen to the program. Put it on in the background while you surf, it's just fascinating to hear how this one man went from working in movie special effects (check out some films he's worked on!) to setting up his own company, to the subtle change in direction that Outlaw Effects has taken. A great guy to have a beer with.

And I'm with the others on this - Outlaw have a proven track record of high quality and I'm more than happy to wait.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1562 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I think you are missing my point, I am waiting like everybody else, I just asked when the wallet will be available, it is my right as a consumer to have this information. This has nothing to do with quality of the props, with the notion that Roth can leave the country with $95, or anything else.
This post was created by Roth to announce his new wallet, so I was expecting for him to answer the questions on his product here, not through a magicwire interview.

Anyway thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my question and I will go now and listen to the interview.
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1030 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I also pre-ordered, and am very excited to get the wallet.

I know it will be a thing of beauty...
Author of PERFORM...all the stuff to think about

Over 450 pages, hardcover, full color

"I loved this book!" - Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars - highly recommended" - Nick Lewin

"Chock full of ideas that will make me more $$ and my shows more professional!" - Leif David

Foreword written by Joshua Jay

Tim's book and other goodies to help performers here...

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Preordered and waiting patiently. Smile
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1881 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I don't know---I already have a lot of wallets. And I'm finally starting to get money to put into them! But I agree Rick and Outlaw are great people to deal with and put out some mighty fine products.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
This wallet is worth waiting for. Ran Pink shared the details with me via video and it is AWESOME! The ultimate leather toolbox!

Benny
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1242 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Yeah glad I preordered two...
:)
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
827 Posts

Profile of andykean
Good things come to those who wait!
arrow23
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of arrow23
I am new to gaffed wallets, so could anyone be so kind and name some effects that can be achieved with this particular wallet. I hope that this is not considered phishing, if it is than just ignore this post.

arrow
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2010-02-28 09:32, arrow23 wrote:
I am new to gaffed wallets, so could anyone be so kind and name some effects that can be achieved with this particular wallet. I hope that this is not considered phishing, if it is than just ignore this post.

arrow

The best will be what do YOU want to do as effect and not the opposite Smile
If I tell you you can do reverse gelsat fallschirm with the hideout and you don't know what I'm talking about, it's useless.
Besides I think it's useless exposure.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Arrow 23 - Do a search on this forum under wallet and start your research from there. Wealth of information to be had and learn from. This thread is for a specific item generally directed for seasoned performers and such. But hey, you could always just pick it up blind and dive right in.
arrow23
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of arrow23
I was just wondering since almost every thread has a gaff/effect description and the effects that can be done with it. While I completely understand that this is some kind of a pro-wallet, I was just curious since noone said anything about any of the numerous effects, or what makes this wallet stand out, except for the quality of the leather and such. Thanks for the help, I will do the research. I will leave you guys to it.

arrow
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
Arrow, you could do such effects as Killossal Killer by Kenton Knepper, or the photographic alternative, Heirloom. It can also be used for switching things, and you are able to load something (card, billet) into the wallet.

Rick had already listed some of the main features (including the above) a few pages back so, if you know of a routine where you need to make use of one of the features, take a look.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to pm me but, apart from what has been said already in this thread, I won't be divulging any more of the wallet's secrets. Smile
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
Rick

Any update?
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Arrow, you will also have 3 different peeks with the Showdown.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18664 Posts

Profile of IAIN
So, first week of march - I couldn't see any more updates on the site?
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Hoping it's shipping soon!!!!! Smile
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
First box should be here early next week. I talked to my manufacturer 2 nights ago Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1562 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Great, Will the first box have enough wallets to fulfill the pre-orders?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Showdown Wallet (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL