The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » In trance signs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
what kind of things do you look for to see if they are in trance.
I heard others using:

1. flutter eye lids
2. change in body temp
3. Arm drops, speed and limpness
4. eyes roll back.
5. Body goes limp and seigh comes out.

what are some you look for?
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I recently presented the effect from Necromancer's excellent Xpert where you have an out of body experience, removing an initialled coin from the participant's hand and placing it in their pocket in the process.

I start this routine by having the participant "hypnotize" me via maintaining eye contact and counting backwards from 10 to 0. The person who did this most recently is certified as a hypnotist, has a doctorate in psychology, is well versed in Erickson's methods and had used hypnosis in his practice before he became a professor.

The next day he called me and said that the one thing that let him know I was in a real trance, was the way my eyes fluttered when he was at about 4 in his countdown. He didn't believe that this could be faked. I am proficient in self-hypnosis, so in one sense I wasn't totally faking. I mention this to give you an idea of what an academicaly trained hynoptherapist looks for and also because I got a kick out of his take on what had transpired.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
There are many "minimum cues" that let you know someone is in a trance. Being able to determine how deep or what stage is another thing that only comes with practice...

The worst part of a show for a stage hypnotist is when he gives the first commands to his subjects. If they follow the rest of the evening is easy money! If they don't... Smile

And sometimes its near impossible to tell. Trance state is also very unstable at times.I would also say stage trance may be different from theraputic trance.
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Any body movement of the spectator can be relabeled ad-hoc as a supposed effect of the state of trance
Dr Omni
View Profile
Regular user
UK
199 Posts

Profile of Dr Omni
Some visible signs of trance (in addition to those already mentioned:

(1) Extraordinary stillness of the facial muscles.

(2) Face becomes noticably paler (this is true whatever the subject's ethnic group).

(3) Breathing becomes slower and deeper.

(4) Swallow mechanism is either reduced or stops.

(5) Circulation of blood slows (this can be observed if you can see the subject's pulse and is confirmed when the subject on awakening experiences "pins and needles" in the hands and feet.)

(6) Any body movements are usually slow and sluggish.

(7) Any speech is usually slower and characterised by "literalness" (e.g. When asked, "Do you know your phone number?", the subject would reply "Yes", rather than actually giving the number.)
Hypnotist and mentalist.
Websites: www.corporatemedservices.co.uk
www.doctoromni.com
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Quote:
On 2003-06-30 07:48, highmagic wrote:
Any body movement of the spectator can be relabeled ad-hoc as a supposed effect of the state of trance

That is true experience is the only way to know. (most of the time)..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » In trance signs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL