The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Fountain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicaldan12
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magicaldan12
Hey Guys!
I am looking for the most INEXPENSIVE REMOTE CONTROLLED card fountain...any ideas?

Thanks,
Danny
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The one you make yourself for $20. Buy the DVD instructions entitled 'Build Your Own Card Fountain for Under $20. It is a good soruce for cheap magicians that do not want quailty magic.
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
It is good, but that is hand activated (not remote controlled). It will cost you about $70 more to do the remote.

Danny, a couple of years ago I did research on this and found that you get what you pay for. This is one of those areas where you don't want to skimp. I really didn't want to shell out several hundred dollars for a card fountain. I ended up buying a lightly used Hey Presto! card fountain and did not regret it for a second. It was an investment but it hits hard. I have had it shoot up to 10' in the air. It looks like a volcano of cards.

So if you are looking for something cheaper, keep your eyes out for a used one but get a good brand. Word is Denny Haney is working on putting out his own here in the near future.

Good luck.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
What are the other good card fountain models that can also be recommended?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Contendo is considered top of the line at just under $600.00. He keeps on changing the design, the current model can take regualer, poker, or Jumbo cards and it comes with an remote, whereas he use to sell this separately.

Dave Powell's is the cheapest already made at about $65.00. This comes from a Card Box held by the performer.

Their are some new ones I have noted made in a box with a magic revealatin attached to it. If I remember correctly this is Dave Powell also.
Fred-Erik Johanson
View Profile
New user
Estonia
89 Posts

Profile of Fred-Erik Johanson
I ordered my Card Fountain, from a member remoteguy here on the Café. It works very nicely and wasńt very expensive also.

-F
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2009-12-28 06:29, wmhegbli wrote:
Contendo is considered top of the line at just under $600.00. He keeps on changing the design, the current model can take regualer, poker, or Jumbo cards and it comes with an remote, whereas he use to sell this separately.

Dave Powell's is the cheapest already made at about $65.00. This comes from a Card Box held by the performer.

Their are some new ones I have noted made in a box with a magic revealatin attached to it. If I remember correctly this is Dave Powell also.

Thanks, Bill.
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Durable?
Shoots cards high in the air?
Reliable?
Not too expensive?

any suggestions?

Charlie
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
Quote:
On 2009-12-28 11:57, charliemartin wrote:
Durable?
Reliable?
Not too expensive?

any suggestions?

Charlie

Unfortunately, no such thing. Reliable, shoots cards high, durable = expensive. Sorry.

James, I would go with contento, Denny Haney's, or the Hey Presto! They are the best.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I second Peter's recommendations.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2009-12-29 17:35, Peter Pitchford wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-12-28 11:57, charliemartin wrote:
Durable?
Reliable?
Not too expensive?

any suggestions?

Charlie

Unfortunately, no such thing. Reliable, shoots cards high, durable = expensive. Sorry.

James, I would go with contento, Denny Haney's, or the Hey Presto! They are the best.

Thanks, Peter.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Victor Voitko makes excellent fountains, also. Quite expensive, but definitely worth it.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Elmwood magic has a card fountain with a remote in the $200.00 price range has anyone tried it?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Depends on your working space, etc. But I did the original for years using a Thornton Windlass (large reel).

On stage in a big show you can use a bicycle wheel with the thread on it and crank it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
fuser
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of fuser
I found this website that sells a fountain for a decent price and includes comparisons to other fountains, http://riotacts.com/cardfountain.html.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-03-13 17:27, fuser wrote:
I found this website that sells a fountain for a decent price and includes comparisons to other fountains, http://riotacts.com/cardfountain.html.

You really should not put the period at the end of a web address, only a space so try this: http://riotacts.com/cardfountain.html

Quote:
On 2009-12-30 22:27, Pete Biro wrote:
Depends on your working space, etc. But I did the original for years using a Thornton Windlass (large reel).

On stage in a big show you can use a bicycle wheel with the thread on it and crank it.

Pete, do you have a reference for the plans to make the original. I have never see any. The old Charlie Miller article in Genii Magazine, is not available to all, but I did not think it was complete in discription.

I remember Doug Henning doing a version on one of his television specials, it looked like it was a tray of cards of 20 decks of cards.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Look in Tarbell. Sure it's an old method, takes time to setup and requires an offstage assistant, but it's cheap.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
El Duco has a nice card fountain.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Remote Guy is the Café member who sells card fountains at a great price. I don't think you will beat his design and quality for the money.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Wmhegbli. I don't have the Genii with Charlie's setup, but all I remember it was a simple way to thread the deck using a Thornton Windlass.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Fountain (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL