The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Making Your Gaff Match (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1240 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I have a set of five ungaffed morgans that I have sanded down (with fine sandpaper & a sanding block polisher for fingernails) to match each other. They are soft and look good. Has anyone bought a Johnson / Tango Morgan Shell and used the methods above to make it match their other coins? Can you carefully make a shell match your other coins, or is this a problem? Any experience out there?
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
309 Posts

Profile of lithyem
I have a Johnson shell that I aged and toned to match a soft Morgan set. No difference from a normal coin other than some extra care not to damage the shell.
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Lithyem is really the guy to ask on this. We have another thread that goes into some of the specifics. I realize you've already done the sanding, but if it helps... http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

There's also some pictures of his shell(s) in there.
Looking for a coin?
A coin holder or accessory?
THE COIN MAGICIAN'S RESOURCE:
The Magician's Coin
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1240 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Thanks, that is just what I needed. Great link as well.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Making Your Gaff Match (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL