The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » New Card Control System by Joseph K Schmidt (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
I have heard that this 1000 copies worldwide book is full of real fine material. Do any one here owns it and want to share his feelings about it ?
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
manix
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of manix
It's a nice little book if you are particularly interested in shuffling techniques.
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
New Card Control Systems focuses on several methods of "running up" cards during the shuffle. It's a relatively small volume, but it has some neat stuff in it.

It has the easiest overhand stacking system I've ever seen. No injogging, outjogging, break forming, or lifting and you will be able to perform this the first time you read it. The trade off (of course there's a trade off) is that you do run a lot of cards singly. I don't think it would pass in fast company (not that I would know, but it's a hunch) but it's fine for magical purposes.

It also has several neat riffle-stacking items, including an EXCELLENT presentation for a face-up riffle-stacking demonstration that revolves around a gambler vs. the devil. Also, there's a neat idea that allows you to riffle-stack while always holding back the same number of cards with each thumb. With practice, that should speed up your stacking and remove any hesitation near the end of the shuffle (one of the big "tells" in stacking).

I managed to get an excellent price for this book on ebay, and for what I payed for it, I think the book was a bargain. If you're into gambling items (specifically card stacking, both overhand and riffle) I think you could easily get full retail value out of this book. If that stuff leaves you cold though, you may prefer to spend your money elsewhere.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I think this is a teriffic little book, and very overlooked. Some powerful stuff that you won't find anywhere else.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Many thanks psherman you review was clear and undoubtfully made by an afficonado.
It help me a lot in deciding to get that book.
Cheers.
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
martyk
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of martyk
Ah, but from whence does one purchase that book?
Marty Kaplan
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Murphy's Magic Supplies has the book listed as "in print" so your favorite dealer should be able to order it for you.

Here's the listing at Denny Magic, if that happens to be a favorite dealer of yours.

http://www.dennymagic.com/cgi-bin/hazel.......m=001231

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
I am not working there but Denny Magic gives fast and reliable service. I regularly shop there from overseas.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » New Card Control System by Joseph K Schmidt (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL