The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Most Magical Events of the Decade? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
I'm working on a show to wrap the year in which I'd like to include emails, videos and audio comments from the listeners.

Please email me a link to your video or audio comment in which you describe the event that you see as the most significant event in the world of magic over the last decade.

Is it a David Blaine special? The opening of Believe? The Masked Magician?

Please keep the video and audio to no more than 60 seconds in length. If you'd just like to send me an email with your thoughts, I'd love to get those as well!

My email address is MagicNewswire@gmail.com

Thanks in advance. I hope that you'll be as excited by this idea as I am and send me your material as soon as possible. Ideally, I'd like to have these links and emails no later than by midnight on New Year's Eve!

Thanks in advance.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I am excited to see your finished work too. Great idea!
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Thanks James. Send me one!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I would think that the biggest magic news of the decade would be the ending of the Sigfried and Roy show in Vegas and Roy's amazing recovery.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Quote:
On 2009-12-31 00:23, pepka wrote:
I would think that the biggest magic news of the decade would be the ending of the Sigfried and Roy show in Vegas and Roy's amazing recovery.

+1

MMc
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Not good news, but the fall of Jonathan Pendragon certainly shocked and rocked the magical world.
Coram Deo
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
Pepka is correct like usual.
Nothing compares to the ending of the Sigfried and Roy show in Vegas and Roy's amazing recovery.
No offense Steven but the Pendragon saga doesn't even come close to Sigfried and Roy. All magicians, laypeople, media followed S&R.

Todd
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Thanks guys!

I just finished recording our round table. I was thrilled to get audio comments on the last decade from an amazing group of magicians including Michael Ammar, Johnny Thompson, Danny Garcia, Jamy Ian Swiss, Brian Brushwood, Banachek, Ben Robinson, Simon Lovell, Harry Lorayne, Jim Steinmeyer, David Kaye , Jim Callahan, ,Todd Robbins, Richard Kaufman, Stan Allen, Jeff McBride, Dustin Stinnett, Eric Decamps, Tim Ellis, Paul Daniels , Bill Gladwell, Mark Wilson & Paul Draper! I should have this online for your listening pleasure tomorrow.

Happy New Year!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Well, we have one more year before the decade ends. So let's see if something happens during 2010 which might make the list -- or make a previous list obsolete.

*jeep!
--Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Heh...

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned that yet. Took about 15 minutes on Genii.

I actually touch on that subject at the beginning of the podcast.

Much like the rest of the media reporting on such issues, I've decided that I am not a purist on that topic. We celebrated the "Millennium" on the eve of the first day of 2000 after all. Instead, I think that I'm a "VH1'ist." They Love the 80's and the 90's, etc. I'm working with common usage and covering 2000-2009. ;-) I love the aught's!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Todd,

No offense taken. Dodd asked for 'Events' which is plural. I wasn't suggesting my offer was No. 1, just one of several that could be considered for whatever list (top 100, or 10, or whatever) Dodd was compiling. Besides, I may re-consider...I have another year to think about it. Smile

Steven
Coram Deo
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Happy New Year guys. Have a great 2010!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
The New Year's Day special edition of This Week in Magic is now online!
http://bit.ly/85xuQg

As a reminder, Chase, Scott, Cameron and I are joined for a look back at the last decade of magic by Michael Ammar, Johnny Thompson, Danny Garcia, Jamy Ian Swiss, Brian Brushwood, Banachek, Ben Robinson, Simon Lovell, Harry Lorayne, Jim Steinmeyer, David Kaye , Jim Callahan, ,Todd Robbins, Richard Kaufman, Stan Allen, Jeff McBride, Dustin Stinnett, Eric Decamps, Tim Ellis, Paul Daniels , Bill Gladwell, Mark Wilson & Paul Draper!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Great podcast!
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Thanks! Wanted to get Craig on as well, but couldn't catch him online.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Aaron Jones
View Profile
New user
Japan
19 Posts

Profile of Aaron Jones
Enjoyed this New Year's edition!
Paul Draper
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, Nevada
245 Posts

Profile of Paul Draper
What a wonderful wrap up! I really enjoyed this compilation!
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
Paul is that your sister with you in your avatar?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Most Magical Events of the Decade? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL