The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Okito coin box routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
mr.nemo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mr.nemo
Hey all I'm new to the site and seeking help already..

I learned and got quite comfortable with the vanishes for a great okito box routine except the routine requires me to use a half dollar shell that starts off upside down in the box,,, so the issue I'm having is none of my shells fit they are just a little too big for the coin box and I know this is doable because I learned the routine on joe rindfleisch's extreme coin magic dvd his props seem to fit perfect any ideas would really help thanks in advance to all.
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
First of all, welcome to the Café.

Mr. Nemo, in order to use a shell coin for an okito box routine, you need to purchase an UNEXPANDED Shell and the special coin to fit inside of it. There are many makers out there for this. One such supplier is Todd Lassen:

http://www.toddlassen.com/unshell.htm

Keep in mind, these are custom coins and they can be pretty pricey!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4853 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
And you can also Get an Expanded Box! I got one some time ago! I don't know is there steal out there or Not! You mite have to Look Around!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Quote:
On 2009-12-30 15:46, David Neighbors wrote:
And you can also Get an Expanded Box! I got one some time ago! I don't know is there steal out there or Not! You mite have to Look Around!

And if you can find it, that would be probably be cheaper...
mr.nemo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mr.nemo
Thanks guys I think I might have better luck getting the unexpanded shell I don't know why I didn't think of that already I guess that's what being part of this site is all about I love this place. I have been trying to get an expanded box for a couple of month now I had my local magic dealer order in a couple of boxes and none seem to be the right fit... as for lassen's stuff I have been looking at it for some time now and I know I'm gonna love his products especially the softer stuff. for my hands seems the softer the better I think that's why I love working with the liberty halfs and anything pure silver I got some egyptian coins also pure and very nice to work with,, I just need to save up for a lassen set like it's been said you get what you pay for...
mr.nemo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mr.nemo
And thanks for the welcome loren I been reading a lot of your thoughts and ideas on here and look forward to reading more...
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Well, I'm glad to see that you know what you like. You'll find most people here prefer soft coins as well. Make yourself comfortable!
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1679 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Save yourself some money and pick up a set of Jim Zee boxes they except a shell, and if you're using Barber halves it'll hold five coins just as well as four. At least mine does.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4853 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea That's the one I have that Fits A shell! I could not remember Who's Box It was Untill you said it! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
manreb
View Profile
Special user
653 Posts

Profile of manreb
Roth's boxes also accept an E[.
Eric Johnson
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Eric Johnson
I have the Zee boxes and the Roth ones, and I think I like the Roth ones better.
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
I second the Jim Zee boxes. As well as the Roth boxes. They are a thing of beauty...
I love the Okito box and have put together several routines with them. More than any other prop.

If you need help with it. Contact myself or David Neighbors and we can point you in the right directions.
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1679 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Quote:
On 2009-12-31 12:45, ShaunRobison wrote:
I second the Jim Zee boxes. As well as the Roth boxes. They are a thing of beauty...
I love the Okito box and have put together several routines with them. More than any other.

Shaun, Is your other rouines in print? Other than whats on your DVDS?

Thanks,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
mr.nemo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mr.nemo
Well you guys have been really great once again first off id like to thank loren for making me realise I was using the wrong shell for the box I already have and out of that I also realised I already have all the props needed for this routine I just used the unexpanded half I already had in my hopping half set and it worked great I already preformed the routine a couple times and really enjoyed it...

and at the same time now that I'm aware of these really nice box sets that will take my expanded half I already did my homework on both the jim zee and the david roth set and I'm leaning more towards the david roth product and I am planning on calling my local dealer on monday to put an order in for it.

Thanks once again to all and I hope every one had a great new years and may 2010 be full of joy and prosperity to everyone:)

one last thing I think I'm going to take you up on that offer Shaun and contact you I would love to hear what you and mr neighbours have to offer

Thanks
Remy
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Glad I could help.
mr.nemo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mr.nemo
Well now the search continues it seems to me that the david roth coin box set is not the easiest thing to find I called the only two shops we have in toronto and both are not sure if they can bring them in for me can anyone guide me in the right direction I would love to own this box set and maybe someone wants to sell theirs any thoughts are highly appreciated thanks guys.
mr.nemo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mr.nemo
Never mind guys I just ordered a set at denny magic.com never heard of them but at this point I don't care where they come from as long I get my paws on them lol...
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9003 Posts

Profile of funsway
Of course a T.U.C. will fit and may meet your routine needs
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at Lybrary.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
You may be interested in my U.N. Coin Box Routines ebook. Uses some different ideas with the Roth box set. Available for $15 on the coin magic page of my website.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
mr.nemo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mr.nemo
Yea good old T.U.C. very deceptive stuff and I never thought of it that way it will fit the expanded box I bet I could pull off some very visual miracles with that combination thanks for the thought funsway
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Okito coin box routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL