The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Modern Art Travelling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of soleil
Hello all,

I just bought a new Modern Art Illusion and I am very happy with it. It's a great illusion very well made in the USA. The version I have breaks down to two pieces: one is the top half and the other is the table plus the bottom half. My questions are:

For the owners of Modern Art, do you have one ATA case for all three pieces or you have two sperate ATA cases? What are the pro and cons of having an illusion in the same or several cases for travelling in the airports?

Second is there a good insurance company for magic equipment worldwide and what are your experience with it?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Best,

Soleil
"Art is the Artist. The Artist is God."- Goete
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
One case. As far as insurance goes good luck.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
It's going to be one beast of a case if it's all in one. I have mine in two separate cases. This makes the prop more manageable in size and in weight. Flying is going to be expensive, freight shipment will be more affordable.

Insurance .. how much did you pay for the prop? You have to consider how much your premium will be and what the prop is actually worth.

Steve
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
Yes, it is a beast but it is managable.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2009-12-30 15:31, soleil wrote:
Hello all,

I just bought a new Modern Art Illusion and I am very happy with it. It's a great illusion very well made in the USA. The version I have breaks down to two pieces: one is the top half and the other is the table plus the bottom half. My questions are:

For the owners of Modern Art, do you have one ATA case for all three pieces or you have two sperate ATA cases? What are the pro and cons of having an illusion in the same or several cases for travelling in the airports?

Second is there a good insurance company for magic equipment worldwide and what are your experience with it?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Best,

Soleil

Insurance is not a big deal. Props are just the same as a valued piece of furniture. Any insurance company can issue a rider on top of your personal or business policy.
Give them replacement value and don't make a big deal about it being magic.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
One road case on wheels only weighs 125lbs easy to move.

Ihave had this shipped easily several times although our main transportation is truck and trailer the few cases the better for me!

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of soleil
Thanks everybody for the input,

may I ask one more time if you have an insurance for your illusions when you travel worldwide?

Best,

Soleil
"Art is the Artist. The Artist is God."- Goete
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Modern Art Travelling (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.4 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL