We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What is air cushion finish? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin R
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of Justin R
I always hear and read about Bicycle's Air Cushion Finish,but I don't know what it is, what it means or what it does. Can somebody help me out ?
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
I think it refers to that nice smooth coating on the cards.

Lee
Jeff Hinchliffe
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, ON Canada
280 Posts

Profile of Jeff Hinchliffe
I believe the air cushion finish refers to the fact that bicycle cards have a finish that isn't flat; rather, the finish leaves a bubble-like texture to the card, albeit a fairly faint one. This is why bikes handle so smoothly, and last longer than cheaper decks of cards.
Pick a card, any card...
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
If you look close at a Bike card and turn it into the light you will notice that the surface of the card has a very small raised pattern that is a series of small squares in a grid pattern. When on card is placed on top of another they actually "ride" on this raised grid as opposed to 100% of the cards surfaces coming in contact with each other. This produces the great fans, spreads etc. that can be done with "bikes".

Scott Imler
Justin R
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of Justin R
Cool! i can see it.
aagrawal_2000
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of aagrawal_2000
That's neat. I didn't know that before.
So... What's an ivory finish? Do they actually use ivory?
keven
View Profile
Regular user
Apple Valley Ca
106 Posts

Profile of keven
If you sut the deck on the table or in your hand wuth a slight drop , They will glid like they are rideing on an air cushion Smile
Penn & Teller "God Bless Them"
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1651 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
However, it does make it more difficult to erase the printing on a card, if you wanted to use a Fako Sheet to change a pip, for example.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What is air cushion finish? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL