The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Which Bill Switch? Way too many to choose! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Visi-bill, Cream, Money Morph and who knows how many others. They all say the same thing..."The most beautiful bill switch you have ever seen!"

So if you had to pick (or if you own it) which one is the best? Let me have it!

Keith
Smile
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
ShizNick
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of ShizNick
I'm going to go with Hypno-Bill. For laymen, This bill switch would have to be the best.
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
I only know two switches personally, the classic switch and Visibill (by Richard Sanders). I honestly don't like either, they both leave you dirty (in my opinion). Visibill does have a "visual" change of the bill, but I don't like the secret. I'm thinking about Hundy 500 because of all the raves about it. You decide.

- Alex
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
JustAnotherMagi
View Profile
New user
Oak Canyon
79 Posts

Profile of JustAnotherMagi
I would go with CREAM. Gimmickless, so you don't have to carry a gimmick around with you and no TT too. Plus, CREAM looks great.

Andrew
"I am the best magician ever..."
-The Conceited Part of My Mind
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I think it's neat to have more than one that you can do well. There are advantages to all of the various methods. With hypno-bill, you pull out YOUR own bill and work wonders with it. Fine and dandy, but it does leave room for suspicion and you can't hand it out. Ok, no problem, just do it and put it away. It is still an incredible visual bit of wonderment.

Then there is the more widely used switch that allows for using a borrowed bill! This is a big plus and it is still a great trick. You do end pretty clean. I think CREAM looks awesome and one of these days i will probably get it and work it into my own stuff.
I guess my point is, learn more than one method. When I do a bill switch, often I will do Hypno-bill first. And if there is strong requesting to inspect the bill or whatever, I borrow one of theirs and then do it using TT. "See, the same type of thing can be done with your bills too." Even though the actual method may be a little different, you have still done the exact same thing.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
Can someone PM me the link to CREAM? I haven't seen it and can't seem to find the video of it (maybe I'm blind and its under my nose)

- Alex
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
It's http://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/ , and on page 2 of the new effects. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
What kind of bill switch to you want?

A magical/visible transformation?

A secret exchange?

What is the routining context for this desired item?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Quote:
On 2003-06-21 01:36, JustAnotherMagi wrote:
I would go with CREAM. Gimmickless, so you don't have to carry a gimmick around with you and no TT too. Plus, CREAM looks great.

Andrew

I don't think it is gimmickless. No TT used though.
Bernard Sim
Creanada
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Creanada
I've heard the bill switch is Jarle Leirpoll's book, Pocket Power, is superb and requires no gimmicks of any kind.
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Quote:
On 2003-06-21 10:31, Creanada wrote:
I've heard the bill switch is Jarle Leirpoll's book, Pocket Power, is superb and requires no gimmicks of any kind.
Yes, it is the best gimmickless bill switch.
never try, never know
JustAnotherMagi
View Profile
New user
Oak Canyon
79 Posts

Profile of JustAnotherMagi
Bernard, yes it is gimmickless. All CREAM consists of is the manuscript teaching you the change. Very deceptive.
"I am the best magician ever..."
-The Conceited Part of My Mind
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
I just saw the clip (once!) and I have to say...hmmpppph... I think I figured it out (maybe because I've seen too many d*** bill switches). Anyhow, yes I can see how it is gimmickless, but it also leaves you very dirty at the end (my thought). If I'm wrong, I probably thought up another way to do a bill switch. Anyone back me up here?

- Alex
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Thanks guys, lots to think about. I don't currently do a bill switch but think it would be great for restaurant work. All of them I have seen look amazing. I can see jaws dropping!

Keith Smile
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
In my opinion, the best bill switch should be... AT LEAST...performed with BORROWED bill.

I will still use my TT bill switch.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the famous TT bill switch by your favourite magician, Magic Michael Lam! Give a Big Hand!" Smile

Thank you very much.

Michael Lam
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
ScottSullivan
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of ScottSullivan
I've used the Michael Ammar version of the "$100 Bill Switch" for years and it's never failed me. I prefer the TT. I feel that I can handle things more naturally with the tip than going gimmick-less.
jasonchr
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
173 Posts

Profile of jasonchr
I think that one of the best routines utilizing a bill switch is John Carney's Logical Bill Trick. In the context of the routine, the bill switch comes as a complete suprise and is undetectable (you are completely clean at the end). I get a great kick out of performing this effect.

Jason
The aspirant should acquire the resolve to explore and expand his talents to the best of his ability. With a thorough commitment to quality comes a sense of accomplishment and unique satisfaction.

John Carney
laidback
View Profile
New user
NJ
51 Posts

Profile of laidback
I do Money-Morph (requires a TT) and I like it, but I have nothing to compare it to. My understanding is that it's a minor handling improvement to the classic Koslowsky (sp) bill switch.

Hundy 500 looks great, it's on my list. But to me, this is really a different effect than the bill switch. Especially if you use the regular switch to produce a mismade bill instead of a larger bill.

As for Cream, based only on the video, it looks pretty straightforward until he tips up his hand to show the back. He's not really flashing the extra bill is he??? The video res is bit low. If you can REALLY tip your hands back that far in a close-up presentation, and if both bills are ungimmicked as other posts have suggested, then I must say it's very impressive.
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
C.R.E.A.M.!!!

Ian
myshadow
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of myshadow
Money Morph. The bill can be examined before and after yet it changes in front of the audiences eyes - it never leaves their sight (or so it appears!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Which Bill Switch? Way too many to choose! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL