The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Oh joy, more fun economic news (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30..37~38~39 [Next]
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2010-02-20 19:18, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-20 19:09, HerbLarry wrote:
You made me look Steve and yeah, that's basically it.
Bleeep bloop tweeet beeep beeeep. R2 agrees. Smile

Well, if that's basically it, you should note that The Tarkin Doctrine failed and the Empire collapsed. So maybe it's not the best policy to follow? Smile

"The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers."
- Princess Leia
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2010-02-20 20:04, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-20 19:18, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-20 19:09, HerbLarry wrote:
You made me look Steve and yeah, that's basically it.
Bleeep bloop tweeet beeep beeeep. R2 agrees. Smile

Well, if that's basically it, you should note that The Tarkin Doctrine failed and the Empire collapsed. So maybe it's not the best policy to follow? Smile

Oh many of the ideas put forth by this administration have failed before, and yet here they come.

THIS administration?!?
- Albert Camus
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Who thought the Iraqis would 'greet us as liberators?'
- Albert Camus
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
Those who apply fiction to reality get what they deserve.
I did say it's really real didn't I?
You know why don't act naive.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2010-02-20 20:39, Steve_Mollett wrote:

At the rate THIS administration is going, they will surpass the goofs of the last one.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
On 2010-02-20 23:44, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:

At the rate THIS administration is going, they will surpass the goofs of the last one.

Evidence suggests this isn't the case:
http://www.nsnetwork.org/node/1281
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Really? Wait till the so called "stimulous" is done. Then get back to me.

NO earmarks, NO lobbiests, and on and on. Like I said, depends on what you call evidence, and what you call a goof. But keep defending the irrational spending.

Wasn't it funny that he is having a comission to get the spending he is doing under control?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Danny, I'm going to break my promise of posting links this once, because it's gotten so #$%@ polarized that it's impossible to find a website we'd both consider non-biased on the issue, but, yes. Wait till the stimulus is done, because most economists are (grudgingly in some cases) calling it a success. Maybe one of the other posters can have better luck than me in finding a good source you'd not dismiss out-of-hand.

The GOP has painted themselves into a corner- they can't admit that Obama can do anything right without looking like traitors to their base. If Obama brought up legislation in support of breathing, the GOP would hold their breath- until they got onto Fox News to complain about how much oxygen he's wasting with useless legislation.

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2010-02-21 02:03, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Danny, I'm going to break my promise of posting links this once, because it's gotten so #$%@ polarized that it's impossible to find a website we'd both consider non-biased on the issue, but, yes. Wait till the stimulus is done, because most economists are (grudgingly in some cases) calling it a success. Maybe one of the other posters can have better luck than me in finding a good source you'd not dismiss out-of-hand.

The GOP has painted themselves into a corner- they can't admit that Obama can do anything right without looking like traitors to their base. If Obama brought up legislation in support of breathing, the GOP would hold their breath- until they got onto Fox News to complain about how much oxygen he's wasting with useless legislation.

No more of a corner than the Democrats are in with respect to admitting that he can do things that are wrong. It's the third in the middle that will have the final say; in 2012, that will revolve around the state of the economy more than anything else. If hits healthy, whether or not it's his doing, he'll get another term. If it's not, whether or not it's his fault, he won't.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2010-02-20 23:44, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:

You hope.
- Albert Camus
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt

Stimulus working?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con......942.html
http://www.post-trib.com/news/2060836,stimulus0219.article
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20......o-county

I reiterate- it's so partisan, it's nearly impossible to get an accurate assessment. I'm not the only one with this view, apparently:
http://www.argusleader.com/article/20100......001/news
"Politics in S.D. color perception of stimulus"

HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
Quote:
On 2010-02-21 01:51, Dannydoyle wrote:
Wasn't it funny that he is having a comission to get the spending he is doing under control?

I thought that was Joe, the barking watch dog, Biden's job.
You know why don't act naive.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I just decided I'm going on a diet. I'm going to switch to sugarless gum. This way I can continue to eat my double cheese bacon halfpounder burgers with special sauce and have ice cream sundaes for dessert.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I don't understand the anger against the bailouts. Why all this hatred of Wall Street and banks? After all, Goldman Sachs paid almost a 0.6% tax rate on its profits for 2008. When Goldman is happy, I'm happy.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-02-21 11:54, landmark wrote:
I don't understand the anger against the bailouts. Why all this hatred of Wall Street and banks? After all, Goldman Sachs paid almost a 0.6% tax rate on its profits for 2008. When Goldman is happy, I'm happy.

I don't get it either. Goldman Sachs is people. They deserve tax cuts and stimulus cheques as much as anyone else. Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
Straight from the mouth of [very muscly] horse...

"Many Republican politicians have railed against the stimulus while praising or taking credit for stimulus money provided to their districts. One prominent Republican governor is calling out his colleagues' hypocrisy.

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger was proud to accept stimulus dollars for his state praised the program for creating or saving over 150,000 jobs. "I have been the first governor of the Republican governors to come out and to support the stimulus money because I say to myself, this is terrific," Schwarzenegger told ABC's Terry Moran Sunday.

In contrast to many Republicans, the California governor believes the stimulus has created public and private sector jobs. "Anyone that says that it hasn't created the jobs, they should talk to the 150,000 people that have been getting jobs in California," he said.

Schwarzenegger lashed out at those GOP politicians who voted against the bill then took credit for benefits provided to their states. "Well, you know, to me I find it interesting that you have a lot of the Republicans running around and pushing back on the stimulus money and saying this doesn't create any new jobs, and then they go out and they do the photo ops and they are posing with the big check and they say, 'Isn't this great?'" said Schwarzenegger."
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Who said he was a republican? LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-02-21 23:54, Dannydoyle wrote:
Who said he was a republican? LOL.

Um. The Republican Party says he is, for one. LOL.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea Sussan Collins as well supposedly. He governs far less like one.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Oh joy, more fun economic news (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30..37~38~39 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL