The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Fantasio Silk Act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
He always has a class act. Candles or silks, he does it all and does it great.
Life of Magic!
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Definitively, Fantasio IS a Class Act...A true Master!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1764 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Jim Snack:

You hit the nail right on the head when you made the comment, above........."he still has a twinkle in his eye when he performs!"

Isn't that the way that we magicians can TRULY tell if another magician loves the art of magic as much as we do.....because if he does....he will definitely have a twinkle in his eye!

Every great magician that I have ever met HAD A TWINKLE IN THEIR EYE WHEN THEY PERFORMED MAGIC!

Sounds corny, but a true statement.....

You know a magician really loves magic when they have a look in their eye like a little kid who just woke up on Christmas morning!

Fantasio has it........Marvyn Roy sure had it when I met him~!
SilkWant2Be
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of SilkWant2Be
Quote:
On 2010-01-15 11:58, dlcmagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-01-03 05:11, Hansel wrote:
I don't have words to describe this video by my dear and respected amigo, Fantasio!
Enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wl5VQ6hYDo

Wow Great Act! Love the ending with the huge Rabbit in Hat silk! Wonder how much a silk like that would cost today ?

Fantasio said in the Hocus Pocus article that the silk bill for that act was $8000 and the Ed Sullivan people paid the bill. Eight grand in 1960's!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
I'm not sure when this Fantasio performance occurred. The heading says, "Fantasio Silk Act 1965". However, the beginning of the video clip says, "July 1967". I would think the 1967 date is correct because the first part his background music is an instrumental version of The Beatles, "My Michelle". They did not release that song until late 1965, or maybe early 1966. The Beatles first appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show in early 1964. They actaully appeared on the show for 3 straight weeks, but the first show on February 9 is the one that is most talked about. They also made an appearance in September of 1965. However, "Michelle" was not recorded and released until several months later.

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Fantasio Silk Act (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL