The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » ZAP my missus! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Sounds like something from one of those websites you just know you shouldn't be in, I know. But no no no it's nothing like that I assure you.
I had this hypnotist a couple weeks ago telling me that:
a) he's never been able to hypnotise his wife and
b) how she desperately wanting to stop smoking.
Could I help?

To cut a long story short the hypnotist in question is extremely good at his job but yet has no effect on his good lady.
Interestingly enough (please feel free to comment on this) when I did testing with her NOTHING was happening. I started to actually giggle at the impending failure when I suddenly thought to myself: 'what the hell' and taking her hand in mine, went for a rapid ZAP-type induction.
The lady in question raced into hypnosis in a split second, very very deeply. It's been 2 weeks and she's still off the shag.
2 things......
Interesting how some spouses can't hypnotise spouses.
Also interesting how, when the gentle tests don't work a person truly can be jolted right in there.

Happy New Year everybody.
bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20428 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is not interesting it is obvious. You have to be able to follow directions to be hypnotised.

ON a serious note, it is not shocking at all. Often you can have too intimate a relationship with your spouse for them to go into hypnosis. Same with friends. It actully works better with strangers who are expecting and know little about you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Hmmmm I do take your point Danny and I also get the joke! But I do find it profoundly interesting. As did this experienced hypnotist who was stood by my side watching. We both confessed to each other afterwards that yes we had family members we simply couldn't hypnotise. But so what? We also had total strangers we hadn't hypnotised. The obvious assumption, for me, would be that I could hypnotise not just his wife, but some of those others he'd failed with in the past.... and no doubt he might succeed in some of my failures (I use the word success and failure because it saves time). If that's true, it's at least... interesting.
I am now offering a free service to hypnotise all hypnotists' wives. Hey, it's the kinda' guy I am.
Oh, on a serious note, I could of course have left the implanted instruction that she would go into hypnosis every time her husband said so. Indeed I actually felt (although he never said so)that he wanted me to do this. But this of course, unless asked for by the hypnotee privately and prior to the session, is always a big 'no-no' for me.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
If you are flexible enough you should be able to hypnotise anyone in your family that can be hypnotised by others.

The problem is trust, expectancy and removal of fear. Same as any body.

Try the following.

Ask them before you start if they have any doubts or fears or negative feelings. They might tell you that they can't take it seriously or that they are afraid or nervous or whatever.

Then ask them to get in touch with those feelings and ask them where in their body they experience them? If they say chest ask them to take their mind into the centre of those feelings with their eyes closed.

Ask them to keep in the centre of those feelings. And notice what happens? Does it become more intense, does it decrease? Dose it start to move. If it moves spreads or whatever tell them to follow it keeping their mind in the centre.

It may move about etc. But eventually it will subside. And then you can continue to "deepen" the trance.

You need to hone into the "part" that is causing them to resist. This is a simple technique for releasing negative feelings and re-integrating parts. Just ask them "what are you expereincing now. Let them tell you.

By getting them to internalise their focus you are already inducing trance covertly.

Once its gone you can do what you want. You can deepen it there.

Forget about rapid inductions. They are for shows.

Any emotional experience or feeling can be used a doorway into the unconscious.

Partners: During an orgasm use language to transition into a trance....

get them to go into the feeling then suggest it will double everytime you touch the bottom of their back...or say a certain word...

Pretty soon they will get an orgasm with a word or touch any where anytime.

And you can read a book and keep them happy.
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
Quote:
On 2010-01-06 18:56, mindpunisher wrote:

Partners: During an orgasm use language to transition into a trance....

get them to go into the feeling then suggest it will double everytime you touch the bottom of their back...or say a certain word...

Pretty soon they will get an orgasm with a word or touch any where anytime.

And you can read a book and keep them happy.

As long as that book has a lot of that "WORD" in it... :o)
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
1) As a GENERAL rule, people in many professions do not take on family members as clients, patients, etc. This is often not held to if the issue is minor or an emergency.

2) Generally speaking, the problem for a hypnotist is that the family member equates him or her with the family relationship, not as a hypnotist. Therefore, it is difficult establishing client/hypnotist rapport that is stronger than familial rapport.

3) Sometimes, the problem is due to not removing fears and misconceptions about hypnosis. People will often reveal more to a stranger than to a family member. If they think that hypnosis is like a truth serum, they are unlikely to allow themselves to be hypnotized by a family member.

4) Determination of the type of personality/appropriate induction method depends upon the person being hypnotized. It may well be that a rapid, instant, or disguised induction will work, Bobser, however it might be more appropriate to allow her to feel that she still has choice and control with a more Ericksonian, permissive induction.

5) While smoking cessation for a person who "desperately" wants to stop smoking isn't difficult, hypnotherapy is not about reading scripts or simply giving aversion-orieted suggestions. In your post you say nothing about the experience of this hypnotist as a hypnotherapist. That is, if the wife had seen dozens of people thanking her husband for helping them cease smoking, it would be a lot easier for her to accept her husband's assistance. If he's not done this successfully before, she might think he'd be using her as a crash test dummy and not be amenable to the process.

6) Hypnotherapists often get clients who come in with one issue (the "presenting problem") but really have a deeper issue that needs to be dealt with. If she doesn't want her husband to learn that deeper issue--even if she is consciously unaware of what that issue is--her unconscious won't allow her to be hypnotized by her husband.

My suggestion: If she REALLY wants to quit smoking and REALLY wants to try hypnosis for this, send her to a professional hypnotherapist and help her become a non-smoker. This shouldn't be an ego thing ("I'm a good hypnotist and should be able to do this!"). It should be focused on helping her.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I find the words "Full body Orgasms" is a good motivater.

Then of course you have them where you want them so to speak. Make you meals run after you. And do impressions of chickens to amuse you.

On a serious note I once hypnotised a girl friend who asked to be (see above). She was also moaning about being a bit over weight. So I told her anything fattening like crisps or snacks she would find that her hand stopped about an inch from her face.

Was funny in between getting me beers out of the fridge and looking after me like a king..

Yes I am single now LOl.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2010-02-03 11:23, dmkraig wrote

My suggestion: If she REALLY wants to quit smoking and REALLY wants to try hypnosis for this, send her to a professional hypnotherapist and help her become a non-smoker. This shouldn't be an ego thing ("I'm a good hypnotist and should be able to do this!"). It should be focused on helping her.

Yes, that's what he did. he sent her to me. I'm very very good. She'll never smoke again.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
He glued her lips together
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
The same thing happened when I tried to hypnotize my brother. First I tried a few tests and a classic induction twice and in didn´t work at all (it did work with my other two brothers). But when I just did a sudden pattern interrupt handshake almost like ZAP he fell down very deep.

I think it just has to do with the fact that everybody is different. Therefore, the hypnotist has to be a good observer to notice which type of inductions would work on which subjects.

Giovanni.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
Quote:
I think it just has to do with the fact that everybody is different. Therefore, the hypnotist has to be a good observer to notice which type of inductions would work on which subjects.

That is absolutly correct!
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20428 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It needs to be said that 100% is not achievable as a success rate.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2010-02-06 01:11, Dannydoyle wrote:
It needs to be said that 100% is not achievable as a success rate.

Nonsense Danny. My uncle 'Jimmy' hypnotized his first hypnotee, no probs. That was back in 68. He never tried again, dying 2 years ago.
Take it back Danny. Take it back!!!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Did they finally dig up his wife from the garden? That was a killer induction with a claw hammer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » ZAP my missus! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL