The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What's Your First Trick Or How Do You Aproach A Table? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
LarryTaylor
View Profile
New user
Miamisburg Ohio
72 Posts

Profile of LarryTaylor
I look to see if the patrons have just been seated or busy looking at the menu or perhaps they are waiting to pay their bill, on these times I usually do not attack the unless requested. I will say, hi hows is everyone, I say this a some distance as to not invade their space or make them feel as such, once I get a smile or reaction that tells me they are responsive I then tell the I am Larry Taylor and I am the house magician and I wonder if they have ever seen one of these, (displaying a purse frame), this usually gets their attention. It is at this point I will produce something from the frame, coin or sponge ball.It works well for me.
Magical Entertainer,teacher and creative consultant.
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
Chicago opener!
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
martinkey
View Profile
Regular user
Tadmarton, Oxon, UK
129 Posts

Profile of martinkey
My first trick is usually Roy Johnson's "Snap" (turning a lottery ticket into a £20 note).

I simply come up to the table and say, "Good Evening. My name is Martin Key, and I am here to show you a bit of magic. Does anyone here do the Lottery?" And then in to the first trick which is quick, visual and usually gets a laugh (not sure why).

If they seem to like me (or the trick), I continue otherwise I move on.

Martin
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I introduce myself at every table then gauge how much magic should be done. Let's face it. Not everybody wants to see magic. After the first effect, which is usually the sponge bunnies for me, I do a second scan to see if they want to do more magic or if they want to go back to conversation.

I'm just there to make the evening more enjoyable. I'm not there to force magic on anybody.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What's Your First Trick Or How Do You Aproach A Table? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL