The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Prepping for a show. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheOrcHunter
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of TheOrcHunter
Hey I'm back and with another question.

My friend is doing a small magic/illusion stage show at a bar and wants me to be his "Know-nothing Assistant".

He thinks it would be a cool idea to pull out my fire wallet, and use my flash gun (http://www.magical-tricks.com/flashgun.htm)

I already talked to the owner of the bar and he said he had all the safety equipment and I can (and will) check them out before hand.

I plan on going to the local fire department around the area to talk to them when I go to check out the safety equipment and was wondering what I should know before talking to them.

Do I need a firefighter there specifically for our act, do I need a special license for California (Probably do, the question is more of what is the name of it and how many months/years to acquire?)

The owner of the bar said everything would be fine but I much rather get your guys advice on that
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
The person you need to speak to is the fire marshal. He should be able to tell you exactly what you need. Around here you don't need a license, but you need to have an inspection performed and a light up permit. I don't know about the flash gun though...You might need a pyro license for that, but I don't think so.
Make friends with the fire marshal. We have all of our local ones on speed dial.
A lot of fire performers do not like dealing with the marshals. We spent a lot of time building a relationship with ours and now the inspections take less than five minutes. In the end, we have helped train new marshals in the nuances and safety measures of fire performing. The thing you need to remember about fire marshals- They are generally fascinated with fire. We have yet to find one that does not like what we do and that was willing to work with us. Take notes about what he says and ask questions. Do not argue. These guys can be your friends or keep you from ever lighting a match in a town again.
Let us know how it turns out!
Gwyd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Prepping for a show. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL