The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Wax (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
885 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
Does anyone have any suggestions on a couple things. First off When working with the thread and the wax I have trouble finding a good subtle way of retreiving the wax. Plus since I use a spider pen I also need to turn it on. Two movements that can be seen as unusual and out of place. I could leave the motor on ahead of time but then the battery can go low or dead.

Plus a lot of times once I have the wax on it is hard to do slights while it is attached. Such as fanning of anysort. Also I will tend to have it not stick to my skin well do to my finger oils even if the wax is warm and sickier. I have tried sandard magicians wax along with Michael Ammar, and bees wax. I discovered sticking it to the fingernails works except then it is more difficult to retreive and depending on the movments and finger can be more visable. Anyone have any comments?
Jeremy Gates
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
885 Posts

Also I know the first to be used was bees wax still used to this day. Even by Ugine Burger. I bought pellets of it from a Joann Fabrics when I first started magic six years ago and use others though since it is not sticky or playable but rather very stiff and cant even stick to itself. I can easily use others but would be nice to use. Having a idea of old school stuff.
Jeremy Gates
Renaldo
View Profile
New user
The Great Pacific NW
83 Posts

Profile of Renaldo
I use a regular, non-motorized ITR, so I can't comment on the use of the spider pen other than to say I believe they are intended to be left on in situations where you will be using it. I think that's one of the reason they sell the battery packs for it; you're going to go through them. I don't know how you wear your pen, but generally speaking, you'd probably want to have the thread out already, and attached to some place on you where you can retrieve it with a natural gesture.

I don't know about bees wax pellets from Joann's, but bees wax itself is very pliable and sticky when warmed up in your hands for a few seconds. But, just like there are various types of IT, there are various types of wax out there, and you may just have to try out a few to see what is best for you. Luckily, it's fairly cheap.
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
885 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-01-18 11:58, Renaldo wrote:
I use a regular, non-motorized ITR, so I can't comment on the use of the spider pen other than to say I believe they are intended to be left on in situations where you will be using it. I think that's one of the reason they sell the battery packs for it; you're going to go through them. I don't know how you wear your pen, but generally speaking, you'd probably want to have the thread out already, and attached to some place on you where you can retrieve it with a natural gesture.

I don't know about bees wax pellets from Joann's, but bees wax itself is very pliable and sticky when warmed up in your hands for a few seconds. But, just like there are various types of IT, there are various types of wax out there, and you may just have to try out a few to see what is best for you. Luckily, it's fairly cheap.

As far as the bees wax pellets go I tried moving them in my fingers for about a minute and after moving it around for a while it eventually got plyable. Guess it was just old.
Jeremy Gates
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Wax (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL