The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Versatile Blindfold (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Those of us who have performed blindfold acts under pressure, know how essential simplicity is. Having a prop which can be used in multiple ways is even more of a bonus.

The Osterlind Versatile Blindfold ("OVB" from here on) is ready now. http://osterlindstore.com/catalog/produc......ts_id/89

People who don't perform blindfold acts will think "It's just a piece of cloth." The rest of us know better.

As Richard and/or Jim say, "Those who know mentalism and perform it regularly will understand what an important device this is" and "This is something you will actually use – and use often!" Each statement is quite true.

Oh, how innocent it looks - even when the audience handle it!

*jeep!
--Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Is in my list!
:)
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Shame its thirty dollars to ship to the UK though...
I've asked to be banned
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Hooly dooly! I was just about to throw an order in for this and as Iain mentioned the shipping to Australia is $32.35. Seems kinda pricey to ship a piece of fabric...?
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
Richard and Jim have addressed the overseas shipping issues in the past. It would be worth dropping them a PM.
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
I wasn't attempting to be rude in my post, but obviously I got a shock when the shipping was more than the item. I'm sure they have their reasons! Smile
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
I've been shocked by international postage too, Luke, but I don't think we can blame its expense on Richard & Jim.

When I order something from overseas, it's when I order more than one item. Most postage-effective that way, since there's always a minimum.

*jeep!
--Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Fair enough. I order tons of stuff from the US, and am privy to International Priority Rates. Unless it is over 4 pounds and can't fit in a small box it wouldn't be more than $15 to here. But it is their choice how much they charge for postage, I wasn't complaining just noting it in case it was an error.

Which it may well be! Smile Or not. Or I could be wrong. Either way I'm happy.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yeah - I was just stating a fact, that was all...didnt say it was specifically Jim/Richard's fault...you get the same if you order goods from Wonder Wizards too...
I've asked to be banned
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Gentlemen,

I just saw your posts about shipping oosts.

There must be some mistake with our shopping cart which charges postage based on the weight of each item. We only charge what it costs us to ship.

Please be patient while we investigate this matter.

I will post again here as soon as I know more.

Richard
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Cheers Richard...
I've asked to be banned
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Ok, Jim and I have been on this since we saw the problem.

Our shopping cart IS right, it is the US mail that is the problem. The recent increase in International Priority mail (effective Jan. 4, 2010) puts the postage on a 3 oz. package to the UK to over 28 dollars!

Since there is nothing we can do about this rate increase, we are revamping our entire shopping cart to offer first class postage instead of International Priority. This will reduce the cost to about 5 dollars. We will offer this option across the board for both domestic and international orders.

We expect this change to be in operation by this afternoon. Please be patient and I will be back here as soon as the change takes effect.

Thanks for your patience!

Richard
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Excellent...i'll place my order as soon as its fixed...thanks for keeping us up to date..
I've asked to be banned
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
The blindfold is excellent!

I was so fortunate that I got one in the end of Novemberlast year.
Even though I don't have a blindfold routine in my stage show (yet!!) I have tried this blindfold several times for smaller groups.
Take my word for it, it is a very well made, classy prop, and well worth the asking price.

Sven
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

The OsterlindMysteries website has now been updated. When ordering, all customers can have the choice of using Priority Mail or first class. With the extraordinary rise is Priority Mail prices, it makes much more sense to use first class, especially on smaller lighter items such as our new blindfold. As I mentioned before, the difference in shipping for the new blindfold to the UK is about 28 dollars for Priority and 5 dollars for first class!

This should also help those wishing to order PCT pads, swami's, etc.

I sure hope this solves the problem!

Richard
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yup - all working now, just this second logged into the store...ordering soon...thanks for letting us know...

EDIT - order complete!
I've asked to be banned
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Thanks, Ian. Let me know how you like it!

Richard
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Now THAT is how to listen to your customers. Superb, I applaud you Richard, great service! My order is in.
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
May I ask where this blindfold is demonstrated on the dvd set?
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
I think they use it in the 2 person telepathy act on the 13 steps DVDs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Versatile Blindfold (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL