The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Steinmeyer's Shadow Theatre Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of soleil
Hello,

I am intersted by Shadow Theatre Illusion. I would like to know if it is better to build it youself ( technical difficulty) or to have it built by an illusion builder.
I need some input from people here who have build it themselves and their experience.
Also, could you tell me is there some magic shops who sell this illusion new or second hand.

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Soleil
"Art is the Artist. The Artist is God."- Goete
Lucasw
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
194 Posts

Profile of Lucasw
Hey Soleil!

I asked a question about a video of effect awhile ago on the Café. Heres the link to that:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=7

The only website I see showing it is Magic Makers Inc (listed in that thread) Pictures are on their site.
I believe Kyle Knight was selling one used on the Café but don't see it listed anymore.

I have never built one but still planning on it. I have the book, just need to find the time!

Hope this helped!

Lucas
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Guys, Luis De Matos has one on his website!!! Check it out!
;-)
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
This is a very deceptive illusion. I think it was Roy Shank that built the Shadow Theatre of Luís de Matos.

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
I use to have one that was built by Roy Shank and it looked great and was built very deceptive... Bill Smith has built one that I know of many moons ago and it also looked great.. I'm sure he's built many more.

I think unless your a really great wood guy you should just go to one of the pros and have them build it or you'll look pretty bad with a prop that isn't built to fool..
These guys are great..
Kyle Knight sold his..

I hope this helps.
Taylor Reed
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
magic-taylor
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of magic-taylor
We built ours, but I am lucky enough to have a father in law who is a master craftsman. I would definitely not recommend this as your 1st or even 5th illusion build. This prop is incredible deceptive, but only because it has so many subtle design elements.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
The illusion is GREAT, a friend of mine have one builded by Owen Redwine and is Superb.
I suggest to contact Owen and he would do a Beautyful one for you.
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Hi Taylor Read,

First of all my compliments. I visited your web site and I liked very much your performance and you have a wonderful Big Illusions also.

You have reason, Roy Shank and Bill Smith can build one Shadow Theatre very deceptive indeed.

I have one shadow effect built by Mr. William Kennedy with ART, the Hologram. I`m very happy with this prop, looks very, very deceptive also.

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
MagicGib
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of MagicGib
Where can you buy the plans for this ?
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Shadow Theatre is in Jim's book with Modern Art, it is on his web site, best to check there.

Blair
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
From experience you cant go wrong with either bill smith or owen redwine , although acording to jim steinmeyer roy shank was the first to build one , and did a fine job . this illusion looks great in the hands of luis de matos .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Steinmeyer's Shadow Theatre Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL