The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sleepless nights thanks to Split Reality (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1903 Posts

Profile of chmara
I have faced a series of sleepless nights thanks to Jay Are and the withdrawing of Split Realty (both versions) from the market at of January 31. I understand it is his way of limiting the publications to serious magicians -- although offered visa PDF at a reasonable price. My issue was raising money to afford even the meager price he has been offering it at -- whilst having to offer my props from straight magic for sale to save my home.

Needless to say the magical community buying the props and Jay opened a way to get these legally and openly... avoiding the the moral taint of piracy (even if among friends) and to allow me to sleep at night if asked how I got them.

But, you say, this story is about sleepless nights. And, well it is.

Because -- when I received the manuscripts I could not put them down. I blew past my next two bedtimes reading and working with them.

This is exactly the motivation I needed to adapt the OTTW principle in like manner using the manuscripts as a guide. The last piece is chillingly on target -- and put with the crayons and/or inkblots --- mmmmm - delicious for seances performed while sitting down. Exactly the medicine my overpriced MDs ordered.

I cannot thank the author enough for the thoughtfulness.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
stevie1
View Profile
Regular user
perth,australia
180 Posts

Profile of stevie1
Really glad that your enjoying these too Greg..

I made mention of these same feelings a few days ago,though not as eloquently as you just did..they're a lot of fun huh !!

Really hope your health continues to improve mate and that 2010 is a healthy one for you
Steve
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1903 Posts

Profile of chmara
Hmmm - just think a split reality between Kangaroo People and Wallaby people -- or types of brew -- lol.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
CHMARA!

Glad I could help another performer out!

I am also glad you enjoy SR!

It is only available for another 22 days -- and then it vanishes forever.

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/the-......ity.html

J
xxx
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
My finger hung over the paypal button and I could feel the dizziness enveloping my very soul as I heard myself exude a squeeky: "Help!" and heard my wife racing along the hall and crash into the lounge where she bit into my finger with her fangs, tearing me away from said potential purchase.
Sorry but I have so much stuff, all excellent I'm sure(ahem), that I purchased over the Xmas period and probably won't even have the time to glance at for a month or so.
So... I made my wife a promise: "Ok, I promise Snowgoose", that I'd buy nothing more until I'd read and absorbed what I have. She's not a cruel woman, but can be quite loud at times, which makes my right eye twitch like Inspector Dryfuss and I get a sicky type feeling in the pit of my stomach that makes me want to scream!
There must be many others out there such as I. So, I don't think this is the best time of the year to put closing dates on great ideas. I'd strongly recommend a re-think, in order to get even more 'serious magicians' in on this. Trust me, it would be a very wise move. I am very wise. This is my... suggestion. A suggestion that should be adhered to.
Happy New Year.
bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Hey Bobser!

Thank you for your input -- with all of the respect in the world I am afraid I can not take your advice.

The wheels have been put in motion and SR is gone at the end of January.

All the best!

J
xxx
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
21 days to go...

:)

J
xxx
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Ok ok. lemme think!!! Would you accept a slightly stained 'Reality is Plastic' by Anthony Jacquin? He's very good.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2847 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I'd watch the clock on this one! SR is brilliant. When an effect's only drawback is people might think you are "simply" demonstrating a real phenomenal you know it is good!
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Mr Bill!

Thank you sir!

It is true -- most people that see this accept it as a real phenomena...

Interesting reaction to say the least, very strong.

I recieved an email about the SR B&W as well...

This is the bizzare package with all new photos, and new routines ( including my Remote Viewing Demo ) This will dissapear as well.

Best!

J
xxx
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
I should mention ( because I have been asked. )

The RV demo is real...

It is included in SR B&W...

Just ask Bill!

:)
xxx
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Hmmm... This is the kick up the butt I need to finally buy SR B&W. Glad I saw this topic!
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Consider yourself kicked Luke!
xxx
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2847 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
When you get it Luke, good luck finding the hidden gem! When you give up maybe I'll tell you! Actually, knowing you, you'll probably catch it right away. B & W is another brilliant adaptation of SR that gets away from one or two elements that I actually love but others might not in the original. Specifically the "risk" that you are simply demonstrating a true brain function, for one. And a lot spookier this way too!
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
I just got SR and love the premise and presentation.

Is there anything you guys do to help cloak the method and make it more transparent? The method seems so fundamentally obvious given the back and forth showing of photos. Any presentation advice to help keep the method downplayed?

One question - what is SR B&W? I have the SR from outlaw effects. SR B&W is a different variation of this in a more bizarre and paranormal light? Where can I find this?
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Mark,

I think you get it right from Jeff...

Nathan
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Sr black and white is available direct from me...pm for details.
xxx
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Is there anything you guys do to help cloak the method and make it more transparent? The method seems so fundamentally obvious given the back and forth showing of photos. Any presentation advice to help keep the method downplayed?
Mark Reed
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I would suggest not going 1 back to the other. Show 3 or 4 to one person show a couple to the other. bounce around. "Shuffle" things up. That to me more than does it.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Yeah I thought about a mixed pattern instead of 1 back and forth.

But even with that, any more ideas to cloak it?

I thought about taking a few where I would normally switch to the other person, to ask person 1 if they want to discard or pass it to person 2? just kind of another layer of distraction...

mixed pattern plus that distraction... add in dialogue to throw off timing of it all...

id like to hear what the rest of you think regarding the method and concealment of it...
Mark Reed
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sleepless nights thanks to Split Reality (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL