The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Anytime Anyplace Anybook (AAA) Book Test by Justin S. Meitz - Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1401 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Anytime Anyplace Anybook (AAA) Book Test by Justin S. Meitz - Trick ($ 40 US )

What is different about this one ?

LINK: http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=44883

DESCRIPTION

From the creator of DEEP comes The AAA Book Test. The book test has been around for years, but now there is finally a book test that can be done with modern and popular books your friends already have.

What does AAA stand for?

Any Time:
This wonderful magic trick can be performed at any time - 24/7.

Any Place:
You can perform this trick wherever there are books.

Any Book:
This is the most important A in the triple A book test. When we say any book we mean any book. Yes that's right ANY BOOK. Other book tests require a "special book" this one does not.

The book test will have your family and friends in utter shock and disbelief. It is the one magic trick you can't leave home without, but you can, since everyone has books!

What You Get:
DVD, notebook, and personal cheat sheets that Justin & Trynt use in their show!

A note from Justin:

"I wanted to personally thank you for purchasing this DVD. AAA is one trick that has been in my shows for years and will stay there for as long as I perform. It's easy and it's fun! If you know anything about me, I always say "Rule 1 - Have FUN!" Practice it, make it your own, and show the world what your made out of!"
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Watched the "video demo" which, of course, is not a "demo" at all but simply a promo showing various people being (or pretending to be) amazed. From the description I have no reason to expect that it will be any different than Michael Sibbersen's (2001) or Marc Paul's (2003) AAA Book Tests or, for that matter Richard Busch's (2001) Paper-Backed Thought Projection; however, I am willing to buy it for my collection and ongoing book test research. Once I have it I will post a review. Anyone know of any dealer that is carrying it?
Dick Christian
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2520 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Hocus pocus
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
If this is exactly the same as Marc Paul's, please let me know.
ipe
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of ipe
Any reviews?
What would a real mindreader do?
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
My guess it's either a f...e or you have to make your own sheets for the book(s) in play.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
682 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On 2010-01-09 13:33, Silvio Solaris wrote:
My guess it's either a f...e or you have to make your own sheets for the book(s) in play.

that's sounds like the opposite of "ANY book"
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1401 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Quote:
On 2010-01-09 13:33, Silvio Solaris wrote:

???????????????

The add says :

Any Book:
This is the most important A in the triple A book test. When we say any book we mean any book. Yes that's right ANY BOOK. Other book tests require a "special book" this one does not.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2620 Posts

There is another thread discussing this "new" AAA Book Test. You will find it in the "Penny for your thoughts" forum. I posted a note there yesterday in which I reported that I have ordered this test and will post my review of it to both "Penny" and this forum after it is received (hopefully this week) and I have a chance to study it in detail.

I also posted comments on "Penny" concerning the apparent lack of research by either the creator(s) or publisher(s) that resulted in this test being released with the same name as earlier book tests developed and published independently by Michael Sibbernsen (in 2001) and Marc Paul (in 2003). Meanwhile, regardless of any similarity or lack thereof between this test by Justin Meitz and the earlier ones by Sibbernsen and Paul, I consider Mr. Meitz, his publisher(s) and Hocus Pocus (the shop that is currently promoting and selling his test) to be either remiss in their responsibility to determine whether or not other contemporary book tests with the same title were extant -- information that a simple google search would have revealed -- or willfully deceptive by attempting to capitalize on the popularity of the works of Sibbernsen and Paul.
Dick Christian
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1614 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Thanks Dick! Can't wait to read your thoughts on this! Smile
Ben
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1960 Posts

Profile of Titanas
I found this review: http://romhanyreport.blogspot.com/
Looks good.
Bests,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1614 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Well... it's not really what I call a review... The guy just says he loves it and that he uses it... But thanks for the link! Smile
Ben
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2620 Posts

Romhany's "review" is not a review at all. He simply says it's great and repeats the text of the Hocus Pocus ad promoting it. There is nothing to suggest that he has even seen the actual product. Meanwhile I have received a notice from Hocus Pocus that my copy was mailed on Tuesday. As soon as it arrives and I have a chance to look it over in detail I will post a review and while you are free to either agree or disagree with my evaluation, at least you will know that my comments are based on actually having seen and examined it.
Dick Christian
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2620 Posts

My copy of the book test arrived today and I have just posted my review under "Tricks and Effects" in the "The Good, Bad and Garbage" section of the Café.
Dick Christian
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2620 Posts

Interesting to note that Jean-Luc.R., who first brought this test to our attention (and obviously bought it, I assume before I posted my review) is now offering it for sale. That would seem to be a confirmation of my review.
Dick Christian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Anytime Anyplace Anybook (AAA) Book Test by Justin S. Meitz - Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL