The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magi-whirl 2010 updates!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
2010 is shaping up to be a don't miss event. Along with our performers we have added our close up artists for the show. Firstly Jim Sisti will amaze us with his table top routines then we have Bud Smith The most amazing guy I know a member of FFFF and a fantastic performer as well as a Washington DC Icon. Along with Bud we will have past International President and Long time FFFF member Dr Bill Wells. (Wow!) The registration is worth it just to see these two) But wait there's more.
Announcing the first ever Washington DC Youth street magic competition The winner will be selected from the finalists and Honored with a spot in the gala show. More detains are coming but DVDs can be sent to me My address is on my website at http://www.michaeltaggertmagic.com
Finally The Washington DC magician of the year is None other than the famous Dick Christian. Dick will be performing ion our Gala show along with Duane Laughlin Sammy Smith and our Official Host Eric Henning
Check Out our website at http://www.Magi-whirl.org
Believe you then that I do strange things
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
We will be there, with lots of toys, in between our Mid Atlanic Lecture Tour. See ya then.
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
Magi-Whirl 2010, Washington, D.C.
“The best little convention in the National Capital Area”

Don’t miss International Brotherhood of Magicians, National Capital Ring 50, Magi-Whirl 2010, April 9 & 10, 2010. There will be three lectures, plus three close-up performances, and a Gala evening show. Magi-Whirl is being held at Bishop Ireton High School, 201 Cambridge Rd, Alexandria VA. Only $50 until March 21st. After March 21st it’s $65 for everyone. You can register and pay by PayPal on our website: http://www.Magi-Whirl.Org or download the registration form and mail it in. Save money and register early.

Come to IBM Ring 50’s Magi-Whirl 2010, and hang out with other magicians and people devoted to magic. You may learn new tricks, ideas, presentations, and of course see some great performances. You won’t want to miss these great lecturers: Duane Laflin, Sammy Smith, and Jim Sisti.

We have ten dealers scheduled for the dealer room. You can see and talk to professional magicians and look at new magic items for sale. This gives you the chance to see them, touch them and see them in action before making a purchase. The dealers are: Magic Goods-Pravin Ponnuri, Sorcery with Class-Scott Correll, Magic Stars Studio-Joe Mogar, Wizard Craft Magic-Craig R Dickson, Fred’s Magic Books–Fred Mitchell, Duane Laflin, Sammy Smith, Jim Sisti, and more TBA. On Friday night, April 9th, there will be a dealer’s show with the dealers demonstrating the latest magical items, silks, accessories, and supplies.

Jim Sisti will amaze us with his table top routines then we have Bud Smith the most amazing member of FFFF I know and a fantastic performer as well as a Washington DC icon. Along with Bud we will have past I.B.M. International President and long time FFFF member Dr Bill Wells.

The 90 minute Saturday night Gala Evening Show includes: The Magic of Duane Laflin, Sammy Smith, Jim Sisti, DC Magician of the Year Dick Christian, and a Magical Master of Ceremonies – Eric Henning.

For details go to: http://www.Magi-Whirl.Org. Come and join the fun and meet new magical friends.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Craig I can't wait for your return to Magi-Whirl you where a big hit the last time you where here!
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Thanks, it's been a while.
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Michael Tell Henning I said hi.
EricHenning
View Profile
Loyal user
Laurel, Maryland
218 Posts

Profile of EricHenning
BIG NEWS!
International card expert DARWIN ORTIZ will lecture at Magi-Whirl 2010! This is our fourth and final lecturer, joining Jim Sisti, Duane Laflin and Samuel Patrick Smith. All this, sessioning, dealers and a Gala Public show in a state-of-the-art 700-seat theatre - all this for only US$50 - that's FIFTY DOLLARS! - through March 21, 2010.

Visit http://www.Magi-Whirl.org for more info and to register online.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

A quick Correction, Darwin will NOT be lecturing he will be or Washington Celeberity Intrerview/Honoree.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Craig, Eric will be there as well he is hosting the evening show!
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Thanks Michael. I was wondering about Darwin, looking at schedule, I saw no place for it except in place of the Q&A Session. Last time I saw him, we were both in the close-up shows at Blackpool. Thanks. Will be good to see you and Eric.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Hi Craig I don't know if you have heard about our venue. The theater is a spectacular site! Most of the onstage performers walk in and say "Wow" truly a top shelf evening. Glad you guys are coming down and Im going have to save lots of $$to spend at your booth. Last Time I had to fight my way to your table and By the time I got there everything was Gone: )

Michael
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Michael, we are doing an eight city lecture tour then, Magi Whirl is second stop, so we should have enough to make you happy Smile Although, even with double booth, it is small for us. We will be at Dennys the Monday after. The only thing I won't bring in is the lecture packages. But lots more, including the entire JOL range. The lecture package is something folks don't believe. Its funny, and everyone buys it, and we sell out before lecture usually. It's kind of a give back offering, but I won't divulge the deal here. I offered, but your dance card was already full. We have only done this twice in this country to date. Drop over to Denny's on Monday. I made Greg Frewin show up when I did it in Buffalo, we had fun. Greg and I have always thrown ideas at each other, so wanted his input, we had a blast. His show by the way is incredible, worth the trip to Niagra.

Yup, last one I was to was either College Park or Greenbelt. I saw pictures of the Theater there, looks beautiful, hopefully you sell it out. that's is the simple secret to affording a worldclass lineup. Thanks for the compliments, we try hard.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1939 Posts

Profile of ted french
How many people typically show up to the Magi Whirl convention?
P3
practice practice perform.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Thanks everyone for the excitement! Registration is open and the price will be going up soon so don't hesitate save your self some money. we added Two new surprises over the weekend. Cant say much more than Thank you for coming "E.J." (you figure it out) any way I am Looking forward to some fun .
Michael
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7578 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
This is a good little convention guys. This is my off year. I just can't do it every year. But maybe I will be back to get lost on the roads of Washington next year.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
I just wanted everyone to know that I just got booked as a dealer for this wonderful convention and will be splitting my table with my good friend and one of the world's most creative magicians |DANIEL GARCIA.

So if you're able to come hang out with Danny and I at Magi-Whirl this April, please do. You'll be glad you did!!!
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Good deal Eric, we have to stop meeting like this Smile
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7578 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
As a special added attraction, Michael Taggart will offer tour of the remaining piles of snow in the area. They should be just about gone by then.

Seriously, hope you guys are doing ok. We only had another foot of snow today.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
That was no snow storm, to a New Yorker that was just flurries. Haa, 52 inches is just a good base to go skiing. We will bring a shovel and help, but nothing will stop us from being there.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

So we will have some intense sessioning at the hotel:)
The last time Eric was here they Locked us in the restaurant with a pot of Coffee:)
Yes Richard we are all accounted for. I had at One point close to 4 feet in my little back yard we are just now beginning to get back to normal. we hope that the snow is gone by Magi-whirl. Only had to reschedule two shows. rumor has it we will get another dusting over the weekend.
Any way we are excited that Eric and Daniel are coming They will be a great addition to the crowd. So if you have not gotten your tickets folks get them now.
Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magi-whirl 2010 updates!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL