The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wolf's Groove Tube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Just curious if anyone has had the "chance" to use this in a show and if so what the reactions are to it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22043 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Why don't you contact Chance and ask them about the wolf groove tube? They have a phone number and email address on their site.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
John Martin
View Profile
Special user
994 Posts

Profile of John Martin
I think he's asking for feedback from customers who've bought this product, not the availability from the manufacturer.

I bought the Pea Shoot and LOVE it. I'd already been doing a version of the comedy card in balloon and so I started using it immediately!! The prop is very well made (as if their are any doudts about that) and plays really well with the K-6 grades I used it with.

The grove tube sounds interesting as well. I look forward to hearing peoples reaction as well.

John
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I also love the Pea Shoot. I had and sold the Groove Tube. It is also extremely well constructed and has that playful Wolf Magic design. I was initially thinking I might routine it with The Thing, but I decided that was a bit of a stretch, and frankly I did not promptly think of a great use for it in my act. It is up to Wolf's usual construction standards and also quite colorful and I'm sure it plays well.

I am wondering what Wolf has in store with the other three "Econo Magic" releases he mentioned on his manufacturing schedule . . . It's good to see him releasing these for those of us on a budget. Chance and Shelley always deliver good value, but it's a pleasure to see that this can also be done at a moderate price. The Pea Shoot packs small, plays big, and doesn't break the budget . . .
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Quote:
On 2010-01-09 11:04, wmhegbli wrote:
Why don't you contact Chance and ask them about the wolf groove tube? They have a phone number and email address on their site.

That's Bill trying to be funny..or sarcastic. He asked if anyone knew about a Gravity Locking system on a special set of linking rings made by Magic Makers and I suggested he contact them. It was only a suggestion but he obviously took it the wrong way for some reason that only he knows. Anyway back to the topic. Glad you guys like the Pea Shoot, but I'm really looking for reviews on The Groove Tube by someone who's actually used it in a show....or two.
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Harv,

I would suspect that the early responses what be favourable if folks have put in the necessary time in developing a strong presentation that they have fully rehearsed. Chance provides the magic community with the best props anywhere and after that it's up to each of us to maximize their potential. I think we do our magic a great disservice if we don't put in the time which is probably 3 or 4 times what we should. We need to stop bringing half rehearsed routines to our shows. Chance's magic deserves nothing less.

Jeff
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Hi All,

I have the Groove Tube & it has now become a staple 5 or 6 minute routine in my kids act!!!

Without giving too much away I bring out the tube & ask the kids if they know what it is & what it's for. After tons of very funny answers I explain "This is a shipping tube for my brand new clown nose, that's right a brand new nose & I picked it myself!!!"

I then tip out the yellow nose & look confused. I ask the kids if they know what the problem is with the nose at which point they explain it is yellow & not red, I then notice the single cork.

"OH NO! It appears that one of the corks in the shipping tube is missing, you know what that means? The actual red clown nose must have fallen out during shipping, all I have now is this yellow practice nose. Everyone knows that clowns practice all of their routines with a yellow practice nose......right?"

After this introduction I explain that the kids are going to help me turn the yellow nose red by using a magic wand. I have switched out the green rod that comes with the routine (although I do love it) with a plastic magic wand that fits through the holes perfectly.

My routine now carries on from there with many moves & ideas that I have added myself (I don't want to give too much away ;o)

By the way, after a couple of times of the ball flying in the air (which is hilarious by the way) I have the ball hit me in the face a couple of times as I peer into the tube, the kids think this is hilarious.

For those of you that know me you will know that I am very selective about the routines I put in my act. I have all 3 of the new Wolf's Magic products & the Groove Tube is the first one to go in my act.

I will admit that it took some thinking at first but I now have a nugget of gold that truly reflects what my philosophy of children's entertaining is all about.

Hilarious!!!!!!

Cheers,

Matt Johnson
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Thanks Matt!!!
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
I spoke to Matt on the phone the other day and he asked me why I only bought one of the three new Wolfs items. Enough said when I guy like Matt sees the usability of a prop.

jeff
Ronald72
View Profile
Loyal user
Holland
249 Posts

Profile of Ronald72
Nice idea Smile I worked now more then 5 years with the clowns theme for my joker tube. it is hilarious so I have e clear picture how it will go with the groove tube. For me this was the reason for not to buy because I used the joker tube.
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Matt...... nice routine, and quick too.... I've barely fooled around with it and yours has become a staple of your show.... bravo!
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4617 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I got my Groove Tube at last today. as usual, it's a beautiful piece of kit, made to last. A great opening gag for a show, with lots of "look-don't-see". Though most of the routine is fairly simple, I am having a problem with the very first "move".....it's a bit fiddly, I anticipate using a small blob of blu-tac to hold a certain something in place until the tube is in action.
I'll try this out in ten days or so, once I've had a chance to perfect the handling.
It all packs nicely into a velveteen bag, a nice change to have such a small item from Wolf's Magic.
Potty Smile
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4617 Posts

OK, so now I played around a little more, I found I needed to attach a m****t to the rear of the tube, similar to the one built in, but in a higher position. Now, the tube works perfectly, and the handling is a piece of cake!
I'm not sure if my unit is missing one of these, or if Chance didn't think it was neccessary. But it tidies things up, and makes the whole routine a breeze for me at least.
this one will be good for a Christmas presentation about Rudolph...of course, the final red ball is his nose. Perhaps he's eaten too much custard, and his nose turned yellow!
Doug.
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Quote:
On 2010-01-14 11:36, Potty the Pirate wrote:
...I am having a problem with the very first "move".....it's a bit fiddly...
Potty Smile

I found the same thing, that's the reason it hasn't made my show yet. I'll give your 'm****t' idea a go.

Cheers
Billy
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4617 Posts

Turning the tube upside down at the end, it can effectively become a cup for your favourite cups and balls finale......
The balls are identical to the ones in the ABC Combobulator....it would make sense to use one of the balls from the ABC for the Groove Tube...but unfortunately, ABC is more of a closing effect, and Groove Tube better for near the start of a show. So....how about sticking little eyes on all the balls, and making them "magic helpers" of some kind. Perhaps they impart special powers when you rub them on a kid's head? You introduce them early on with the Groove Tube, and later you produce loads of them in the ABC just before the end of the show.
Potty Smile
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1335 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
From experience with other effects, I know the pop up and peek will get great reactions.

I found I had the same fumbling with first move of the yellow ball coming out the bottom. I'll try a magnet, great idea.
I'm wondering about the yellow to red switch. In practice, it looks like I am switching it, and if a kid saw me, I'm sure they will shout out I switched it.

I know I need more practice, but in the meantime, any helpful hints on the switch from yellow to red?

I don't want to put it in the show until I have it perfected.

(Now I will put the Pea Shoot right in the show after one night of practice, because I already performed comedy card in balloon, and can work this right in. )

Thanks in advance!

ACE
Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
296 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
Hi Ace,

I have been playing with my Groove tube for a few days now.

Instead of switching the balls at the top of the tube as per the instructions I have been doing it the following way....

I remove and the dump the cork, palming the red ball as I do so. I then load the red ball ala cups and balls into the bottom of the groove tube keeping it in hidden via my pinky. I then remove the wand / green stick so the green ball can fall through the bottom but instead of the green ball appearing out falls the red one (my set has green balls with a red ball kicker)

It seems to flowing better for me this way

Potty's comment about the cups and balls are what got me thinking about the load.

All the best

Cliff
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4617 Posts

Another angle would be to worry less about how magical it is, and just play it for laughs. Let the red ball fly out after you remove the yellow one...or something similar.
Still haven't used mine yet, as I feel there is something special I haven't thought of yet!
Potty Smile
DominotheGreat
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of DominotheGreat
Is the groove tube made by chance or where do you get that?
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Quote:
On 2010-02-02 17:59, DominotheGreat wrote:
Is the groove tube made by chance or where do you get that?

http://www.wolfsmagic.com/Groove%20Tube.htm

It's sold out at the moment although there have been a couple for sale on the Café.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wolf's Groove Tube (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL