The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » I want to pre order, (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Quote:
On 2010-01-11 14:30, ted french wrote:
Well I think our demos are hip can you cite an example of a non magic vid that is hip in your opinion?

What is hip? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN8pWdZhVaM&feature=related

My point isn't to deny that your demos are hip but to point out as you have done with your 1977 video that hip is a somewhat out of date term-- much the way these hip videos will look in 6 months.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1347 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
As an artist, I don't mind videos being artistic, and non "dorky", however, just cut to the chase and show me the effect so I can decide if I want to buy it (pre order it). If video editors really feel the need to be creative go make a music video.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
Hip is not an out of date term. Hipster is a very common term in pop culture. BTW who cares about if the terminology is outdated the content of what I said is what is important. No need to pick apart my post dude. examples of hip/hipster in pop culture http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipster_(co......culture) http://www.hipsterhandbook.com/ http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hipster http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Hipster

My problem is that I hear so many magicians say just show me the d**n effect but those same people complain about how magic is not respected as a true artform. Then you got guys saying that if you want to be creative you shouldnt be in the magic business. I also hear A LOT of times people almost bragging when they figure out an effect after watching a demo that is too liberal with the performance.

I think producers have a responsibility to show an effect and not mislead the costumer. I also think the producer should be able to have some fun with the production.
Shaun.
P3
practice practice perform.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2362 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Ted is hip, and he managed to get an ad in , along with an awesome video, "What is hip" from the 70s, I had to share that with several others.

Gilgamesh, I need to party with you,Man you got me laughing so hard, my wife can hear from the other side of the house. Right on brother, see I can be hip too.
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Quote:
On 2010-01-11 16:28, ted french wrote:
Hip is not an out of date term. Hipster is a very common term in pop culture. BTW who cares about if the terminology is outdated the content of what I said is what is important. No need to pick apart my post dude.

DUDE !!!

OMG I'm being taught by a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Smile
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
Well I'm glad you can admit that you learned something.
P3
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2362 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
By the way, Ted does have some awesome stuff, if you are not or have not been to his site, first, check your pulse, then, well then go check it out,
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
I'm 30 so the Ninja Turtles or TMNT as I call them are right up my alley.

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 5:50pm
Thanks Dave it means a lot btw are you going to Magi Whirl?
P3
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2362 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Wish I could, but , alas , another calls to me...
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Hip? Now that's the bees knees! Smile
Magic is a vanishing art.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2362 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I'm going to order it.

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 7:29pm
I just ordered it, should I waste another post saying "I can't wait until it comes", then another saying, "I checked the mail box, still nothing", then one saying, "It just came", then, "I will post a review soon". then the review"this is the bestest ever, you have to have it, it is just as the ad said".
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1890 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I think we all would like that.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » I want to pre order, (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL