The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sound Reading Training CD - Will Brierly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4914 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Amazing if it works!

"Hand a pen and a piece of paper to a member of the audience. Ask them to write a word, number or name on the piece of paper. As they are writing, you instantly know what they have written. Your back is turned. You never see the paper. There are no peeks, no gimmicks, no sleights. You do this purely with your own skill.
How is it possible?"

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=1253
p_n_g
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of p_n_g
Very interesting. I am still using a system for numbers, but never tried to expand the idea to names or other words.
I am curious if they teach how to sound-read cursive letters.
Zachary
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of Zachary
With all of the variations in handwriting from person to person. I would think that you would have to carefully instruct your spectator how to write it (block letters). Then, assuming you have to hear the scratch of the writing, you have to be considerably closer than you would if you were resorting to pencil reading or any of the other more reliable methods. I'm sure this weakens the effect. And if a baby happens to be wailing in the front row while the spectator is writing, I can only guess that trying to get a read will become significantly more difficult. Perhaps for a one-on-one show this would fly, but in terms of practicality and versatility I will have to hear the reviews of others. I've never even heard of the ability, but then again, Corinda and Osterlind taught me most of the mentalism I know. I'm still interested to hear more about this.
Twitter:@Zachary_Heath
Instagram: @zachheathmagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sound Reading Training CD - Will Brierly (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL